Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119
  1.    #1  
    Get it here:

    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/

    This release will do all the basics on the T600.
    IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "Treo Web" under Prefs for your Maps and Directions.

    PLEASE do not deluge me with email about the 5-Way button. I know you guys think anything that does not fully support it is crap, but I've tried to get the basics of this to you as qucikly as possible. I KNOW about the dire need for 5-Way support, no flames please. If I get time, I may add it in a future release.
  2. #2  
    I cannot use the app. i get a error message "cannot open inetlib". what gives? I have all web clipping files installed. also what "strings" do I need to enter? thanx
  3. #3  
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks Rick! DA works perfectly! I'm soooo glad to have one of my favorite apps working again on my Treo 600! 5-way nav pad functionality was just be icng on the cake!

    Also, is there any way to get drectly back to DA from the mapquest website? It would be great if there were an option to go directly back to DA once you close blazer.

    I cannot use the app. i get a error message "cannot open inetlib". what gives? I have all web clipping files installed. also what "strings" do I need to enter? thanx
    treoneo, do you have a Treo600? You don't need to install wb clippings (they won't work anyway) if you hav a Treo600...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. #4  
    WooHoo......Downloaded it ota into my 600, unzipped and installed DA 2.0
    Works great!
    Thank you Rick for releasing DA for the 600. It is such a great app. I will send in a donation.

    PER READ ME DA 2.0 for 600 does not use web clipping or support 5 way nav yet. choose treo web and it will work fine.
  5. #5  
    i have treo 300. will it work on that?
  6.    #6  
    Yes - it now uses NetLib, the lowest common denominator of connected Palm internet access. So it should work now on ANY palm device. You will have to select Blazer as your Map and Directions browser.

    Originally posted by treoneo
    i have treo 300. will it work on that?
  7.    #7  
    INetLib? Sounds like you're still using the older version. ???
    What does the About box say about version?

    Originally posted by treoneo
    I cannot use the app. i get a error message "cannot open inetlib". what gives? I have all web clipping files installed. also what "strings" do I need to enter? thanx
  8. #8  
    I know you rushed this out, but I found some problems on my T600:


    1. Business searches don't work at all. I search for a number of local businesses and received messages saying "No results were found" and "Unexpected problem with the results response!" on each search.

    2. Looking up contacts in the Residential search does not show the addresses. It would be nice if it showed the address with the name.

    3. From the Residential Results screen, when you tap "Direct", you are brought to the Directions screen, but the address in question is not entered in. Instead, you have the last addresses you searched for.



    - Joe
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  9. #9  
    OK, I figured out that the addresses have to be copied with a two step process.. So please disregard #3.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  10. #10  
    Rick,

    Thank you very much for doing an updated version of this application.

    Please do not apologize for not supporting the 5-way pad. You have given T600 users a great program. If someone doesn't like it...I'm sure you'll refund all the money they paid for it


    Seriously, thank you again!

    Ken
  11.    #11  
    Yep, every penny!

    Originally posted by kschoenberg
    Rick,

    Thank you very much for doing an updated version of this application.

    Please do not apologize for not supporting the 5-way pad. You have given T600 users a great program. If someone doesn't like it...I'm sure you'll refund all the money they paid for it


    Seriously, thank you again!

    Ken
  12. #12  
    how is this app different then going to www.555-1212.com/Palm which does support the nav button? i've been working the above for directory assistance while in blazer on my 600, thus the nav works.. i bookmark it and its there whenever needed with the 5 way nav.

    no need for an app.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 11/17/2003 at 01:15 AM.
  13.    #13  
    The results you get are only as good as what the 555-1212 database offers. Many times addresses aren't provided. Many times businesses you know exist aren't in their database. Other times, brand new businesses are there, much to my surprise. I'm afraid it's the nature of their (free) service - quality is spotty. I think they hold back the truly accurate data for the paying customers Heck, I'm surprised they provide this at all.

    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    I know you rushed this out, but I found some problems on my T600:


    1. Business searches don't work at all. I search for a number of local businesses and received messages saying "No results were found" and "Unexpected problem with the results response!" on each search.

    2. Looking up contacts in the Residential search does not show the addresses. It would be nice if it showed the address with the name.

    3. From the Residential Results screen, when you tap "Direct", you are brought to the Directions screen, but the address in question is not entered in. Instead, you have the last addresses you searched for.



    - Joe
  14. #14  
    I'm just happy to have my DA back again - I used it long enough without 5-way nav that it doesn't really matter to me either way at this point. It would be nice to have, but my withdrawal period is now over!

  15. #15  
    one less app, and 5 way nav here.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 11/17/2003 at 01:16 AM.
  16. #16  
    Actually, it's a result of the Business Query page asking for City OR Zip. It should only ask for City as only City is valid.

    Tried with the city name and it worked.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by JTREOB
    how is this app different then going to www.555-1212.com/Palm which does support the nav button? i've been working the above for directory assistance while in blazer on my 600, thus the nav works.. i bookmark it and its there whenever needed with the 5 way nav.

    no need for an app.
    This doesn't do dirving directions. But there are other sites that do that if you look for them from either the Handspring or the Sprint Treo 600 home pages.
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by rlwhitt
    Yes - it now uses NetLib, the lowest common denominator of connected Palm internet access. So it should work now on ANY palm device. You will have to select Blazer as your Map and Directions browser.

    Rick, is it possible to use this work-around for other PQA's? There are a few like Ebay, Medline and Moviephone that I would love to get working again. If so, can there be some sort of INetlib to Netlib protocol to handle this? I would pay some serious money for such an app if it meant a resurrection of my web clippings! Thanks...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19.    #19  
    Nope, PQAs absolutely require ALL the Web Clipping libs to work. There is nothing a 3rd party can do to change what PQAs need to run. The only hope at all of PQAs ever working on OS5 is if Palm were to release the source code to the Web Clipping libs and some enterprising person were to port them. I rather suspect that this would be a huge job, and since support for PQAs is fading, probably nobody would even want to bother.

    Originally posted by gfunkmagic


    Rick, is it possible to use this work-around for other PQA's? There are a few like Ebay, Medline and Moviephone that I would love to get working again. If so, can there be some sort of INetlib to Netlib protocol to handle this? I would pay some serious money for such an app if it meant a resurrection of my web clippings! Thanks...
    Last edited by rlwhitt; 11/18/2003 at 06:29 AM.
  20. #20  
    When I try to get directions it tells me WEB CLIPPING APPLICATION is not installed .

    where do I get this application?

    Thanks
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions