Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by rlwhitt
    Nothing special, just use the launcher's delete, rather than something like Filez or another file manager that only would delete the da.prc file and not the prefs.

Mostly I was just seeing if you were deleting and not just installing it over the existing one.

I finally figured out the problem. I had pref settings left over from the older DA (from Treo 300). So, I used Filez to remove any rwDA settings from my saved preferences database.
    I know you've heard it a thousand times already, but this is one hell of an app. Just another giving you your props. Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Is this the error message you see?

"This does not appear to be a supported Smartphone device! Cannot complete the requested operation."

Yes, that's the exact message on Treo 300.
    Just was showing a friend with Palm T2 and a bluetooth phone a killer application on my Treo: DA. It turns out that browser that he has in the Palm, is not one of the supported browsers in DA. Searches work, but routing does not.
    SPCS Directory Assistance is available for ONLY $1.25 per call.

This is why (to me) this app is a MUST!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I know it has been said a ton of times, but I am sure you never tire of hearing it... Very very great app!! I run computer break/fix calls for businesses and this just makes getting from place to place a zillion times easier. Thank you so much for the time and effort put into it. Now if it only spun thread into gold it would be perfect!! (Some people are just never happy.)
    Has anyone used DA recently?

I can no longer receive data through DA, or even from the www.555-1212.com/Palm website.

Is this a result of their pay-for-service model?
    Same here. I wonder what's going on?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by jblacken
    Has anyone used DA recently?

I can no longer receive data through DA, or even from the www.555-1212.com/Palm website.

Is this a result of their pay-for-service model?
    Hmmm.. mine doesn't work either. I get "Error getting data:0"
    Yeah, I noticed that it was broken yesterday. I was trying to get the number for the local florist and it kept coming back with the error. Damn, I hope it's not the end of this app - it's been one of my favorites.

Dunc
    An alternate is Yahoo! Yellow Pages: http://m.yp.com/

There are other threads in this forum mentioning the same problem with DA.
    I keep getting the same error message for searching a residential or a business phone number. I've looked at all the settings, etc. and I can't seem to come up with an answer of what I am doing wrong. The Driving Directions seems to work great. Any ideas?
    Here's what I am seeing:

Init net library
    Getting page
    Shutting down connection
    Query Error
    ERROR GETTING DATA:0
    I keep getting the same error message for searching a residential or a business phone number. I've looked at all the settings, etc. and I can't seem to come up with an answer of what I am doing wrong. The Driving Directions seems to work great. Any ideas?
    Here's what I am seeing:

Init net library
    Getting page
    Shutting down connection
    Query Error
    Originally posted by TR30
    An alternate is Yahoo! Yellow Pages: http://m.yp.com/

There are other threads in this forum mentioning the same problem with DA.
    I don't believe that's Yahoo Yellow Pages. It doesn't appear to be a part of Yahoo. It looks to be owned by YP.Net, Inc..
    Originally posted by alex_mathews

I don't believe that's Yahoo Yellow Pages. It doesn't appear to be a part of Yahoo. It looks to be owned by YP.Net, Inc..
    I guess the other thread confused me a bit. It kinda does look like the Yahoo logo at a glance.
    Here's what I am seeing:

Init net library
    Getting page
    Shutting down connection
    Query Error
    I guess all "Good" free things come to an end. I really liked this app. Time for us to find another one I guess.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  18.    #98  
    It would appear that the palm-specific 555-1212 site is down. I have no idea if this is permanent or not. At any rate, I'm looking into alternate servers that I could use. I know of several possibilities, but if anyone has suggestions for PDA OPTIMIZED sites, feel free to email links!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I know of several possibilities, but if anyone has suggestions for PDA OPTIMIZED sites, feel free to email links!
    how about the aforementioned:
    http://m.yp.com/
    Originally posted by Fofer

how about the aforementioned:
    http://m.yp.com/
    It looks great but it can't do the most important thing: search by zip code. Los Angeles has many many Starbuck's, would rather not sift through all of them.

Yahoo's full yellow pages allows searches by zipcode and allows you to save favorites like "home", "work",etc. they have great listings.

I also tried another link for pda friendly yahoo yellow pages through your portals on main vision home page (which have white pages) but that one doesn't have a full database. I type in "borders books" and get no results. i typer the same in yahoo full yellow pages and get many.

Can someone redo the D.A. to pull info from Yahoo full yellow pages? Allowing for saved locations, searcg by zip, etc?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast