Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I keep getting an error too - it hangs on Getting Page for a really long time, then it fails with Error getting data: 0 . I miss the original DA terribly - anyone know how to get around this error so I can get the new version working? Thanks,

Dunc
    Last edited by Dunc; 11/21/2003 at 12:29 AM.
    Originally posted by rlwhitt
    I just posted V2.02 at http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

• Fixed blank business result issue
    • Complete 5-Way support
    • Swap button on Directions screen
    • Category selection for Copy to Address Book
    • More intelligent automatic setting of browser for new installs
    I never expected to see this so fast. Thanks again!
    I just posted V2.02 at http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

• Fixed blank business result issue
    • Complete 5-Way support
    • Swap button on Directions screen
    • Category selection for Copy to Address Book
    • More intelligent automatic setting of browser for new installs
    Holy CRAP!!!!!!! Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    SOOOOOOOOOOO
    Absolutely -- this program is awesome. Thanks for doing so much work, Rick.
    I am also getting the "Error gettign data: 0" message under residential. It works perfect under Business.

-Rob

DA v2.02
    Get it here:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/

This release will do all the basics on the T600.
    IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "Treo Web" under Prefs for your Maps and Directions.

PLEASE do not deluge me with email about the 5-Way button. I know you guys think anything that does not fully support it is crap, but I've tried to get the basics of this to you as qucikly as possible. I KNOW about the dire need for 5-Way support, no flames please. If I get time, I may add it in a future release.
    Excellent- thanks very much!
    Very cool!

I just installed the update, and it looks great. I changed my search from 27587 to Wake Forest and the residential stuff is working again.

Thanks a lot!!!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Thanks for the great work on the new version, rlwhitt! What a slick app... so incredibly useful. We appreciate it!
    Originally posted by Fofer
    Thanks for the great work on the new version, rlwhitt! What a slick app... so incredibly useful. We appreciate it!
    I SECOND and THIRD that! Yesterday I was going to the hospital and did not have the telephone number and I remembered the Dir Assist app so I whipped out the Treo, went to the program and Ta Da, got the number and address!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    November 22nd, 1963
    As a side note, I remember JFK today. It was 40 years ago today that he was taken away from us. I remember because although I was just a little girl, it was also my birthday.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    For those of you having the "Error getting data: 0" problem: delete and re-install, this fixed it for me.

-Rob
    I've tried installing it a couple of times, but it resets my phone every time I run it.

I did ##377 and got the following:

A reset was caused on 11/22/03 at 2:57 pm while running "Dir Assist":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3635, NULL handle
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    when i try to get driving directions (with both To and From address completely filled out in DA), it sends me to MapQuest with only the From/Street Address filled out, and all the other fields blank.

anyone else having this problem?
    Are U trying to get driving directions with an apt No.?
    I was having that same problem, but when I took out my apt no. and just left the street address it worked perfect. If you aren't using apt nos. then I'm not sure why it's not working.
    Peace
    Charles
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    yep, that was the problem. after i took out the apartment number, everything worked fine. thanks!
    I am still on Treo 300, and I have updated to the latest DA 2.02. One minor new complaint, and I would like to reiterate a bug mentioned earlier in the thread.

1. Dialing from the results screen is broken. Trying to dial on Treo 300 results in "No Phone: this phone does not apper to be supported device!" error. Dialing did used to work on prior 1.x release.

2. Generating directions if address contains '#' character does not work. Possible to add a feature to strip '#' characters from the address before sending them to the mapping website?

A killer application for the Treo, regardless.

Alex
  16.    #76  
    Is this the error message you see?

"This does not appear to be a supported Smartphone device! Cannot complete the requested operation."

Originally posted by goobar
    I am still on Treo 300, and I have updated to the latest DA 2.02. One minor new complaint, and I would like to reiterate a bug mentioned earlier in the thread.

1. Dialing from the results screen is broken. Trying to dial on Treo 300 results in "No Phone: this phone does not apper to be supported device!" error. Dialing did used to work on prior 1.x release.

2. Generating directions if address contains '#' character does not work. Possible to add a feature to strip '#' characters from the address before sending them to the mapping website?

A killer application for the Treo, regardless.

Alex
    Originally posted by alex_mathews
    I've tried installing it a couple of times, but it resets my phone every time I run it.

I did ##377 and got the following:

A reset was caused on 11/22/03 at 2:57 pm while running "Dir Assist":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3635, NULL handle
    Any assistance with why the above is happening to me?
  18.    #78  
    No good ideas, I'm afraid. Did you completely UNinstall it prior to re-installing?

Any assistance with why the above is happening to me?
    No good ideas, I'm afraid. Did you completely UNinstall it prior to re-installing?

I thought so, but if there is some special procedure I need to follow, then please let me know. Thanks.
  20.    #80  
    Nothing special, just use the launcher's delete, rather than something like Filez or another file manager that only would delete the da.prc file and not the prefs.

Mostly I was just seeing if you were deleting and not just installing it over the existing one.

I thought so, but if there is some special procedure I need to follow, then please let me know. Thanks.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast