1.    #1  
    I had to hard-reset my 600 (don't ask), and somehow, I lost my Calendar data (synched from Outlook), and have since re-synched, and have lost it on Outlook as well.

I kept a copy of the Handspring directory (with all the backup, archive, etc directories) but despite searching there (and on the forums) cannot find a file that I can re-synch that would seem to contain all my appointments. Can anyone help?

<<in full panic mode>>

- Joe
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    I had to hard-reset my 600 (don't ask), and somehow, I lost my Calendar data (synched from Outlook), and have since re-synched, and have lost it on Outlook as well.

I kept a copy of the Handspring directory (with all the backup, archive, etc directories) but despite searching there (and on the forums) cannot find a file that I can re-synch that would seem to contain all my appointments. Can anyone help?

<<in full panic mode>>

- Joe
    Do you have a datebook folder? Does it have a backup (.bak) file? Also, is your conduit set for "synchronize the files" or "handheld overwrites the desktop"?

(By the way, this is the wrong forum for this kind of question.)
  3.    #3  
    Folder, yes. .bak, no.

Conduit is set to synch.

Incidentally, I have my notes, contacts, etc.. Just my calendar got hosed.

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Perhaps this will help from Palm's knowledge base:
    If Microsoft Outlook's calendar is not properly synchronizing with your Palm(tm) handheld, there are two possible solutions to this problem.

The first option is to run the Inbox Repair Tool (Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools) on your PST or OST file in Microsoft Outlook. This corrects errors in the default folders.

The other option is to close Microsoft Outlook, run the Windows Messaging Tool, and then delete the folder that is causing the problem. This deletes all of your records. Then, when you open Microsoft Outlook, it will recreate this folder and you can resume synchronization.

I hate to be long winded here but here is a link to another solution.
    "How do I recover items lost or missing during the HotSync process?"---->

http://chapura.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...cGFnZT0x&p_li=

Of course, you do have a backup copy of Outlook? Right?

Once you get it restored, it is a good idea to export one to a safe place and updated it frequently. (of course, you knew that)

Hope this helps
    Folder, yes. .bak, no.

Conduit is set to synch.

Incidentally, I have my notes, contacts, etc.. Just my calendar got hosed.
    That's bizarre. Do a "Find" search of your hard drive for "datebook" (or "calendar" - I'm not sure if Handspring changed the actual file name). Also check for your Outlook backup file in your Outlook folder. If your files are gone from both places, looks like you're screwed unless you've HotSynched to another computer recently.

Sorry, but I can't think of any other options. Hope someone else here has some bright ideas. Whatever happens, get a good backup program TODAY and set it to do daily backups. I've run a lot of beta (unstable) apps over the years and backups have saved me more times than I care to remember.

BackupMan
  6.    #6  
    Actually, I had already inadvertently bailed myself out.

A little while back, the gf asked me if there was a way she could view my calendar. I set up Yahoo calendar to sync with Outlook. Once quirk to it is that it has to be done manually -- and there it was.. Just exported it to Outlook, resynched, and all was right with the world.

<<WHEW>>

Thanks for the quick tips.. I'll have to keep them in mind.

- Joe (Very relieved)

Actually, I had already inadvertently bailed myself out.

A little while back, the gf asked me if there was a way she could view my calendar. I set up Yahoo calendar to sync with Outlook. Once quirk to it is that it has to be done manually -- and there it was.. Just exported it to Outlook, resynched, and all was right with the world.

<<WHEW>>

Thanks for the quick tips.. I'll have to keep them in mind.

- Joe (Very relieved)
    Glad it worked out, but you really should get a backup program today. It's bizarre that Palm hasn't made backup software part of the OS...
  8.    #8  
    Well, BackupBuddy doesn't support the 600 yet AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Any$ $reccomendations$?