View Poll Results: Can you send with the new HS email app?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I can

39 61.90%
  • No I can't

18 28.57%
  • Only some accounts

3 4.76%
  • Yes, but I have the old version

3 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you can send with the new HS email app, that you downloaded from the Palm site (not the earlier version that was floating around), then please help out our fellow T600 people that can't.
    If you can send with the PCS mail or a Road Runner account, then tell your secrect.

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Bump
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Bump
  4.    #4  
    For the 4 of you that can, seeing your not using your Road Runner account or your SprintPCS ac****, which accounts are your set up with?

TIA, Matt
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Call sprintpcs and ask for your username. My was stated as ********05 on the website, but I talked to them and my username they have is ********53. So call and check. Also you might be able to just go to the website and change your username there.

WooHoo!!!!
  6.    #6  
    good! I started to think I was crazy...LOL
    happy to hear
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    know how everything goes.
    I am acually sending and receiving email on my ISP account DLS, and using Izymail to pick up my Yahoo, and hotmail, all thru pop3 and all work fine.
    I couldn't send but now can.
    went to my pcs mail from my treo sprint web site. went to account settings and found out I had no passwords set. Once I set passwords, I opened the settings on mail and used smtp.sprintpcs.com as my outgoing and put in my pcs username and password. works fine.
    I followed the suggestions on this thread and changed my user name and password. I know they are changed because I had to update them in my network preferences in order to log into vision. The problem is that even using the correct user name and password in the Treo600 mail program, I can't get into pop.sprintpcs.com nor smtp.sprintpcs.com.

Is it possible that something has to be turned on by sprint to enable this feature?

Do those who have sucessfully used sprint's servers use username@sprintpcs.com or just username?

If I call sprint, how do I route my call to someone who knows what they are talking about?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I use myusername@sprintpcs.com, and my vision password. If you need to call sprint and get help with your setup, ask for the web services/vision support group, once you get past claire.
    I've posted this link several places, but the key is your Vision password is NOT the same as your mail password, which someone else has already noted today in another thread.

More info:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42053/s.html

Brandon
    They have different p/w for everything.

I called *2 and asked for Wireless Web support. When you connect, ask if it is WW, chances are it's a csr ... ask to save time.

When you get to WW, ask them to set your EMAIL password to your Vision password. Sold take them maybe 30 seconds. I know Palm has ticked them off, but this mail program is just so much easier to use than BC.

BTW, set up your SPCS to get all your pop3 mail accts. Then you only have to sync 1x

This program works really well. Thanks, Palm!
    Mine still doesn't work for sending mail via smtp.sprintpcs.com

I went to the Sprint web site and changed my vision password.

I then went to Palm OS network preferences and changed my vision password. I could reconnect to vision fine with the new password.

Then with the HS e-mail app, I tried to login to SMTP with my sprint pcs username and the new password I just set, and it won't work. Says Authentication Failed.

I've tried with both "username" and "username@sprintpcs.com"
    Originally posted by Im So Unpopular
    Mine still doesn't work for sending mail via smtp.sprintpcs.com

I went to the Sprint web site and changed my vision password.

I then went to Palm OS network preferences and changed my vision password. I could reconnect to vision fine with the new password.

Then with the HS e-mail app, I tried to login to SMTP with my sprint pcs username and the new password I just set, and it won't work. Says Authentication Failed.

I've tried with both "username" and "username@sprintpcs.com"
    EDIT: Got it working.

I had to change my PCS mail password and use it for SMTP auth, not the Vision password.
    I had to dig to find this, but for me to use the HS email app, since I am connecting to Earthlink from an "outside" network, I have to use a different SMTP server...

When I am connected from my PC, my SMTP server is smtp.mindspring.com. When I connect via the Treo 600, my SMTP server is smtpauth.earthlink.net - and I have to authenticate to it.

I don't know if that is true for other ISPs, but worth checking out.
    OK after getting passwords, server addresses all straightened out...THERE IS ONE MORE THING YOU MUST DO: Go into edit accounts and click on ADVANCED TAB. You must check SSL required boxes for POP3 and SMTP. Then it will work

Sorry if this is a repeat but I did not see this advice posted anywhere else. Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    deleted
    Last edited by Mr Bok; 11/23/2003 at 02:31 PM.
    Bok
    I'm happy for everyone using Sprint, but I'm with Cingular and can't send e-mail. I have a Cox cable e-mail account but their SMTP server isn't working for me. I can send e-mails to other logins within the @cox.net domain. However, it doesn't let me send e-mails to other domains. I'm assuming you can only send e-mail to other domains while using them as your ISP (e.g. from my desktop). Let me know if I'm mistaken here.

Are there any other Cingular customers out there who are trying to send e-mail with any luck? I assume I can't use Sprint's SMTP server unless I'm a Sprint customer. Is there a free way to get a POP3 account that will allow us to send/receive e-mail. I believe Yahoo charges a fee if you want POP3 access. I tried using a Netscape account, but the HS app complained that these are proprietary e-mail systems.

Does Cingular have an SMTP server I can use? I got an account with them which is @mycingular.com but does that mean that I can have POP3 access to that account?
    Last edited by Ikeford; 12/04/2003 at 03:16 AM.
    How do I configure my spcs acct so when I hit send/receive it gets mail from all my email accts? Now I have to do it seperately.

Thanks for your help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast