View Poll Results: Can you send with the new HS email app?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I can

39 61.90%
  • No I can't

18 28.57%
  • Only some accounts

3 4.76%
  • Yes, but I have the old version

3 4.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does anyone have a optimum online email account i'm using Handsprings app and i'm having a problem sending email's can anyone help me thanks in advance
  2. rrb
    Originally posted by Ikeford
    I'm happy for everyone using Sprint, but I'm with Cingular and can't send e-mail. I have a Cox cable e-mail account but their SMTP server isn't working for me. I can send e-mails to other logins within the @cox.net domain. However, it doesn't let me send e-mails to other domains. I'm assuming you can only send e-mail to other domains while using them as your ISP (e.g. from my desktop). Let me know if I'm mistaken here.
    Ikeford, my guess is that Cox will not let you send through their servers unless the mail is bound for their users. That is the typical setup to keep spammers from relaying massive amounts of spam through a mail server. Some ISP's will allow you to authenticate through their SMTP server (whether the same or a dedicated one set up for that purpose), but you'd have to ask the Cox folks about sending email from outside their network.

I assume I can't use Sprint's SMTP server unless I'm a Sprint customer. Is there a free way to get a POP3 account that will allow us to send/receive e-mail.
    Yep, you have to have an account to be able to authenticate through Sprint's server, and you probably have to be on their subnet (the set of IP addresses they control) to be able to as well, though I haven't actually tried. I would think Cingular would have their own mail server that you could send through, but that's just guesswork, 'cause I'm a Sprint-er.
    If I'm understanding correctly this thread is discussing how to use the built-in TreoMail app (the one that you get to when you press the little "mail" button). Will this allow me to send and recieve e-mail via my Yahoo account using the e-mail addresses in my Treo address book? I use SprintPCS.

If this is the case, could anyone give me a quick idea of how to begin setting this up. The thread kinda goes all over the place and I can't seem to figure out how to get started. I don't even see a "setup" option under the menu. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Originally posted by kkest
    If I'm understanding correctly this thread is discussing how to use the built-in TreoMail app (the one that you get to when you press the little "mail" button). Will this allow me to send and recieve e-mail via my Yahoo account using the e-mail addresses in my Treo address book? I use SprintPCS.
    No. This is the free palmOne beta POP3 Mail application that you have to download. Is under software.

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...oads_table.jsp

Originally posted by kkest
    If this is the case, could anyone give me a quick idea of how to begin setting this up. The thread kinda goes all over the place and I can't seem to figure out how to get started. I don't even see a "setup" option under the menu. Any help would be great. Thanks.
    Check out the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42053/s.html

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12