View Poll Results: interested in a stereo headset with volume control, 2 buds, mic and FM radio?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 97.37%
  • No

1 2.63%
  1.    #1  
    doing this for one of the headset makers.

I would love to have a headset like that!!
  2.    #2  
    upz!
    There are plenty of these available already.
    You can use it only as a handsfree for the phone, and listen to radio. (radio should mute when call comes in)
    But you cannot listen to MP3 with it, which is what I think you were thinking.
    Making a stereo radio handsfree that lets you listen to MP3 as well (specially for Treo 600) is very complicated and costly. No manufacturer will even attemp it because the expected sale is very small.

I think this is a no solution poll.
    http://pc-mobile.net
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Pc-Mobile
    There are plenty of these available already.
    You can use it only as a handsfree for the phone, and listen to radio. (radio should mute when call comes in)
    But you cannot listen to MP3 with it, which is what I think you were thinking.
    Making a stereo radio handsfree that lets you listen to MP3 as well (specially for Treo 600) is very complicated and costly. No manufacturer will even attemp it because the expected sale is very small.

I think this is a no solution poll.
    no harm to let these headset makers see the level of demand on items like this!
    We're not here to provide any kind of solution... but just to show our interest and maybe in the near future, we as consumers gain on having more choices to choose from!!?

if everybody chooses to produce things that are cheap on cost and easy to make.... I guess we're wouldn't be having our Treo 600 now!
  5.    #5  
    upz
    Actually it would not be that hard. You don't want audio mixing, you want audio prioritization. Something that would play music on an output and monitor an input from the Treo. When the phone rings it simply switches the treo input to the headset. I could build an ugly box for about $20 that takes an input from a radio / MP3 player and an input from a treo and connects one or the other to an output based upon priority.

David
    I'd like an AM radio as well. All the sport stations in the UK broadcast on mediumwave