1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 is on-the-way. Ordered Oct. 28th. I'm pretty new to this, so sorry for the basic question.

I'm CONFUSED! I'm getting the Visions Package...and I hear a lot about Business Connection, Snapper Mail, and a lot of other mail issues.

Does Visions give me free email? If so, why do we we need Snapper Mail?

Can SOMEONE spell out the ENTIRE deal with the email situation (i.e. $$, services, and etc.?)

Thanks Everyone!

A Newbie (aka Jeff)
    Originally posted by Jberm455
    My Treo 600 is on-the-way. Ordered Oct. 28th. I'm pretty new to this, so sorry for the basic question.

I'm CONFUSED! I'm getting the Visions Package...and I hear a lot about Business Connection, Snapper Mail, and a lot of other mail issues.

Does Visions give me free email? If so, why do we we need Snapper Mail?

Can SOMEONE spell out the ENTIRE deal with the email situation (i.e. $$, services, and etc.?)
    I guess that it depends on what kind of email you're talking about...

In order to access most corporate systems (e.g., Exchange, Lotus, etc.) you'll need to get the PCS Vision Professional Version that includes Business Connection for $15/month (the same price as the other Vision packages, but without some of the ringer/software credits). This service & software will also allow you to access 2 POP3 email accounts.

If all you need is access to POP3, then Business Connection might be overkill, and you'll probably want some of the other software apps out there like SnapperMail (~$50) or Eudora (free). PalmOne has recently posted a beta version of their email client on their site, and its location has been referenced here on TC.

All of these applications (and there are others as well) have their unique features and benefits, so a good option might be to download a few of them, try them out, and then keep/purchase that which works best for your individual needs.

Hope that helps.