Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i created a nice little treo 600 formatted weather page. you can bookmark your locations and they will work just great.

here is a link:
    http://www.hiddentreasurehosting.com/weather/

here is a tinyurl for lazy typers:
    http://tinyurl.com/v73h

remember its formatted for the treo, not for viewing from your computer so it wont look great from a computer

any feedback is appreciated. let me know how you like it!
    Or you can just go here!

Also, here's another cool trick I learned to do on my old Treo 300: On your desktop explore borwser, enter you zip on the above site> click on my satellite or my radar > right click on the satellite or radar image > save the image url to your blazer browser. Now you can have direct links to real time weather radar or satellite images on your TREO600! Just refresh to see the latest image!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    accuweather is good, but mine is alot better looking than that site. great weather icons.

not to mention almost all weather sites do not have the current days' highs/lows... i find this annoying cause i want to know the high/lows for today, and thats one of the reasons i made the site
    Last edited by wahooka; 11/16/2003 at 03:56 AM.
    Thanks for a nice URL! Would it be possible for you to add a cookie that retains the last zip entered. This way, the bookmark could trigger the report directly and you could still change it at the bottom of the display. Just a thought....
    Last edited by Daniel S; 11/16/2003 at 03:10 PM.
  5.    #5  
    thanks, glad you liked it.

actually that feature is already there. just enter your zip code, and bookmark the page that comes up with your weather.

if you look at the actual page web address you'll notice it ends in ?zipcode=33133 or whatever your zipcode is. thats how it knows what zip code to lookup.

let me know if you still have problems, but if you bookmark the page it should work just fine cause your zip will already be in the query string
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    There's a lot of potential there, but I want more text info. Why not link the pictorial predictions to more detailed text.
    Wahooka,

That worked fine. Thanks. I like it better than Accuweather because it's quicker to load. I just want the simple report, not interested in maps, radar, etc. Nice job.
    Last edited by Daniel S; 11/16/2003 at 03:11 PM.
    I like the COOl weather!
    Nice and quick. To streamline further, how about make the zip box default to numbers only? What if you don't know the zip?
    Wahooka-

If you can address some of the issues above - I'll put you right at the top of our link list for weather. I'd much rather support a user based effort than that of accuweather.

Keep up the good work.

Best,
    Derek
    Treo 600 Essentials
  11.    #11  
    what issues would everyone like worked on?

more text? i can add more, although some people do like the simple approach...

i dont think there is a way to make the zip code box be numbers only when typing....i did some brief research yesterday and dont think its possible, but if someone knows otherwise please post.

i can work on adding a featuer that will locate the place if you dont know the zip and want to lookup by city and state

any other ideas?
    My favorite is still http://mobile.wunderground.com.

For radar, I pay for a service called Weathertap.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    I have come across sites where text entry boxes default to numbers only. I will post an example if I find one.
    Originally posted by wahooka
    i created a nice little treo 600 formatted weather page. you can bookmark your locations and they will work just great.

here is a link:

remember its formatted for the treo, not for viewing from your computer so it wont look great from a computer

i see it is set up for zip codes, can you add Postal codes for Canada?
    Hey the weather site is cool. Very nice and simple.

A couple of suggestions:

When the page first loads have the field for the zip already have focus. Meaning the cursor is there upon load so one doesnt have to tap the screen or nav to it.

Second put descriptive text inder the weather condition icons. Some of us have graphics off and it would be nice to know what conditions are forecast without having to tap an icon and wait.

Nice job!!

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    When I asked for more text I meant that a click on the daily icon picture should leead to a text screen with details, not that you should change the simplicity of the basic setup

Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    I like the simplicity, however, I think it's missing a "chance of rain %".
    Good job! This one will definitely go in my bookmarks.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Or you can just go here!

Also, here's another cool trick I learned to do on my old Treo 300: On your desktop explore borwser, enter you zip on the above site> click on my satellite or my radar > right click on the satellite or radar image > save the image url to your blazer browser. Now you can have direct links to real time weather radar or satellite images on your TREO600! Just refresh to see the latest image!
    haven't tried this yet but won't the Treo just try to save the image as a pic?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by wahooka

here is a link:

Good stuff man....I've been looking for something like this since the one that you get from the Vision Homepage can't be bookmarked.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast