1.    #1  
    Looks like HS/Palmone made thier mail program avaliable to the public at no charge.

Great job guys!!!

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...tProducts=4442

Once installed you have the ability to change the sounds for mail through prefs....and it DOES change the latest Snapper sounds
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Why did they remove the feature to configure a mail server. I guess if you don't use AT&T, Yahoo, SBC, Earthlink, or the other server hardcoded in the dropdown list, you're out of luck. that's just great. *slaps forehead*
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Just pick say "comcast". enter your info as you would normally, save the profile, then, edit it to your liking. You can rename the title, servers, so on and so forth. Hope this helps
    NRG,

Is correct. That's what I did last night. My guess is the missing "Other" choice is a bug. This is beta software and I'm sure they'll have it fixed in the final version.

Ken
    When I try to download I get this:

Sorry! Our FAQ and customer support services are temporarily offline.
    We are experiencing a temporary interruption in our FAQ and customer support services due to routine server maintenance or excessive traffic. The remainder of our site is unaffected. We are taking active steps to restore services as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please return later.

Anyone else get this.
    Originally posted by VaccPalm
    When I try to download I get this:

Sorry! Our FAQ and customer support services are temporarily offline.
    We are experiencing a temporary interruption in our FAQ and customer support services due to routine server maintenance or excessive traffic. The remainder of our site is unaffected. We are taking active steps to restore services as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please return later.

Anyone else get this.
    I downloaded it yesterday and it works fine. Just tried the link and it is working. Try it again...probably just lots of people taking advantage of the free program.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Anyone else having problems sending with the Hs Email program? I have Sprint service and for some reason I can get my email but I can't send. I have tried everything...any advice? Thanks
    I should get my t600 next week. Using treo 300 and tero mail and has worked like a charm for me. I am confused. Is treomail gone? Should I use it. Is the newly release program from HS/Pone what should be used? HOw about snapper mail?
    Downloaded it. Its ok but I prefer SnapperMail .

I recomend Snappermail over any of the other Email programs.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 11/16/2003 at 11:01 AM.
    I have downloaded the program and set it up for sprintpcs.com. When I try to get mail I get and error thats says
    "We were unable to connect to serverop.mail.sprintpcs.com. Please go to the Server tab of Account Settings to correct this. For further support, contact your wireless data service provider."
    I know that I have simply set this up wrong, but for the life of me I swear that was what you set it up for in Eudora on my 300. What have all of you set it to to retrieve @sprintpcs.com mail?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I prefer the clean UI of HS Mail to Snappermail, and it's great to be able to attach file directly from RAM instead of the SD card. It's unfortunate that it limits attachment downloads to 100k (hence excluding many .prc files) and has no unzip utility. Then I could forget about Snappermail entirely.

Is there a way to file messages that actually moves a message to the Filed folder instead of just copying it? Having to delete it from the Inbox after "filing" it is extremely irritating.
    What's the difference between the download version (696 kb)and the GSM version 417 kb)?
    download to 100K. However on any message you either tap on the attachment link of a message or use the Get Entire Message menu item to download all of the message.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    What's the difference between the download version (696 kb)and the GSM version 417 kb)?
    For one thing, the GSM version had "other" as an option for setting up an new email account. Other than that, i didn't notice any differences (the GSM one is v1, this new one is v1.02).
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    I prefer the clean UI of HS Mail to Snappermail, and it's great to be able to attach file directly from RAM instead of the SD card.
    I agree.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by DrDoom
    I have downloaded the program and set it up for sprintpcs.com. When I try to get mail I get and error thats says
    "We were unable to connect to serverop.mail.sprintpcs.com. Please go to the Server tab of Account Settings to correct this. For further support, contact your wireless data service provider."
    I know that I have simply set this up wrong, but for the life of me I swear that was what you set it up for in Eudora on my 300. What have all of you set it to to retrieve @sprintpcs.com mail?
    The servers for Sprint mail are pop.sprintpcs.com and smtp.sprintpcs.com.
    I downloaded tthe program but haven't figured out how to attach a file or create any customized folders for that matter...any one run into this?
    Originally posted by Speedracer
    I downloaded tthe program but haven't figured out how to attach a file or create any customized folders for that matter...any one run into this?
    Customized folders I don't think you can do. To attach a file, you go to the menu, then Options. There you'll see "Insert Attachment, Open Attachment, and Delete Attachment" along with other stuff.