1.    #1  
    Since RealOne doesn't work on the Treo 600, is there any media player that will play RMA files? It's not my favorite format, but there are some audio lectures I'd like to listen to on the web that are encoded that way.
    I'm a former RealNetworks employee, and I can tell you that unless RN has changed their strategy, RealAudio, RealVideo and RealMedia files can only be played by a RealPlayer. I know that the mobile RealOne Player currently doesn't support the Treo 600, but mobile media is a big deal at RN. I'm sure that as the Treo 600 becomes more popular (as it appears to be already doing), RN will release a player that supports it. As with any software company, it's just a matter of time and priorities.

-B
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    Originally posted by bracherb
    I'm a former RealNetworks employee, and I can tell you that unless RN has changed their strategy, RealAudio, RealVideo and RealMedia files can only be played by a RealPlayer. I know that the mobile RealOne Player currently doesn't support the Treo 600, but mobile media is a big deal at RN. I'm sure that as the Treo 600 becomes more popular (as it appears to be already doing), RN will release a player that supports it. As with any software company, it's just a matter of time and priorities.

-B
    There is a opensource player for computer that will play Real Media, i saw a excerpt from TechTV the other day mentioning it.
    You _can_ transcode RM/RAs to MP3s... thats what I did with "This American Life" ... converted the entire library to MP3s for my iPod.
    re: converting videos to mp3

what application do you use to do that for the Treo? thanks
    I use the audio conversion wizard myself. It converts everything to everything. Only problem is that it does not allow much choice in the mp3 quality settings.