1.    #1  
    Greetings. I am an american living in germany and I was wondering whether it is possible for me to buy a Treo 600 GSM phone and use it with my Vodafone contract here in germany. If I could then I could save a horde of cash for taxes. Since Im goign to the USA to visit family this month, I could just pick one up there.

Addendum: I specifically want to know if it is compatible with the SIM cards we use here in germany for pay-by-call contracts.
    -- Kraythe
    -- Author: Hardcore Java, Published by O'Reilly and Due in stores January 2004.
    An unlocked GSM phone will work with with your german SIM (pre-paid or not). Looks like the Cingular Treo 600 is unlocked, there might also be an un-branded un-locked Treo 600 available by the time you get here. If you currently have a Treo, this is a big discount ($399 if ordered w/ US-addressed credit card by Nov 24).

Where in Germany are you?
  3.    #3  
    Munich. Have lived here three years and Im afraid I dont have a USA addressed credit card. Only one with my German address. And I also dont have a Treo 300.
    -- Kraythe
    -- Author: Hardcore Java, Published by O'Reilly and Due in stores January 2004.
    Hello, I'm using a Singapore GSM-model in Holland with a Vodafone sim. Works just fine. So it should work in Germany too.

If you take your current phone with you, you could test it overthere, not??

One tip: watch for a good adaptor! (get a plug to fit in eurpean means... I'm using alu-foil to charge for right now..:0)))
    Hoe gaat het?