Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Man, hot news...right off the press and TreoCentral has it up at12:30 on a SATURDAY no less. I love this site!

Thanks TC
    Regards, matt burkhard
    Does anybody know if what is on the website is the same version # as what was available on TC for a short time?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by webslappy
    Does anybody know if what is on the website is the same version # as what was available on TC for a short time?

Thanks.

They're different sized apps. If the Sprint version from Palm supports attachments, that would suggest Sprint has had to cave in to complaints from users about their service. (Why would anyone use Sprint's PictureMail service when they can just email a photo as an attachment?)
    Isn't picture mail included as part of the unlimited Vision?

If so, then why would sprint care how the picture is sent from the Treo?

FAQ from Palm one about attachments for email app.
    Last edited by ferrarinu; 11/15/2003 at 12:57 PM.
    Originally posted by ferrarinu

If so, then why would sprint care how the picture is sent from the Treo?
    so if you get this do you need Snappermail?
    andres
  6.    #7  
    No, there are three Vision paks to choose from.
    You can go to the PCS site to see them.

There is a thread about it here too.

I have unlimited vision and they want $5 more a month from me to get the use of their PicMail

Regards, Matt
    Originally posted by afcuadros

so if you get this do you need Snappermail?
    Only if snapper mail does something for you that Treo Mail does not. It works wonderfuly for me. I have the Pro version of Docs to go ($30 because we have the Treo 600) so I can open XLS, DOC, PDF, and loads of other attachements on my treo.

I love this phone!
    I d/l the new beta of mail for the treo 600.

I am trying to set up an account with RCN (My ISP). I only see the following in the drop down :
    AT&T Worldnet
    BellSouth
    Comacast
    Earthlink
    SBC
    Yahoo.

tapping on the "i" logo tells me to select "other" but I do not see an "other".

Anyway else have the same problem?

Lou
    I am still having problems with comcast. it takes to long to connect and download messages (if it connects at all). Snappermail gives me the same problem

in snappermail i was able to send emails by changing the settings for outgoing to smtp.sprintpcs.com

this email client looks like it needs a lot of work.
    there is no look up in contacts...

well i have only played with it 5 minutes... :P
    andres
    Well, it looks like you just answered the question "Is the downloadable version the same as the one that came with the GMS 600." Sounds like they added some stuff. "Other" was an option on the GSM version. I have it set up with my own domain SMTP server and I love it!

What other differences are there? And is the "Other" really missing? That would be pretty lame!
    The link provided in the TreoCentral article doesn't get me anywhere. In fact, most of the Handspring support site seems not to work for me... searching for anything just gets me a blank page, for example.

How did y'all get to the place where you could download the beta?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi

No, there are three Vision paks to choose from.
    You can go to the PCS site to see them.

There is a thread about it here too.

I have unlimited vision and they want $5 more a month from me to get the use of their PicMail

Regards, Matt
    Well, in that case... Thank you Palm One for giving us the email app.! This better not mean when true SMS comes out that there will be another vision plan at $15 to get us $10 people up into the $15 plan.
    My plan says "Unlimited PCS Vision" and I expect it to stay that way for $10 a month.
  13.    #14  
    I bet the Mo-SMS will cost more too. unlitited Vision, is unlimited data. The picture mail, you use their host site.

I am already expect they will want more for the new SMS.

My 2-cents Matt
    You can set up email accounts that are not on the drop down list. In the initial setup, pretend it is a yahoo account. Once it is set up, from the main menu, select edit account. Choose the yahoo account and edit. You can then rename it and manually configure the incoming and outgoing servers.
  15.    #16  
    Grib, The link from the main TC site (the blurb about the mail program) worked for me.

It went here
    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH
    The new software app is also available on Treo 600 Essentials in the software section.
    Hmm, did I miss the license click through or was there not one? Where's PurpleXYZ???

-Rob
    If you have another ISP besides the ones that are offered in the Sprint version, do this:

Configure the Worldnet account with your email settings. (joe@isp.com, username, password, etc)

After it tries to connect (and I'd cancel that), then go back in and edit that account, change the name from Worldnet to whatever, change the incoming and outgoing mailservers, and anything else you like. You're done!

Works great for my mail server here.

Now the APP is not all that impressive, mind you, but whatchagonnado?
    derek you are doing a great job, keep u the good work
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast