Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It will not allow you to use a SMTP server that requires authentication. All mail programs have a little box to check for SMTP's that require authentication. Handspring / Palmone really blew it on this one. Guess I will have to stick with VersaMail 2.5
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    The Handspring mail program *does* work with authenticated SMTP servers. Did you even try it?

Settings are on the "Advanced" tab for username and password on outgoing mail server.

b.g.
    Originally posted by grib
    The Handspring mail program *does* work with authenticated SMTP servers. Did you even try it?

Settings are on the "Advanced" tab for username and password on outgoing mail server.

b.g.
    Yes, I tried that. I does not work. I think it is only for SSL. But thanks anyways.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4.    #24  
    I replied to your other post about this. Try it and let me know. BTW, I don't have the SSL box checked either. Hope it works.....
    let me know....
  5.    #25  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...41874/s/h.html

If it doesn't work, I'll remove this post.
  6. mjp
    Please help:
    I simply would like to use this (any) application to hotsync my outlook email from my pc to my T600. I have downloaded the application found at the link above, and have loaded it on my T600, but now I do not know what to do next. Will this work? Please help me with next steps, including any settings for PC Chapura, as well as the Mail app on the T600. Thanks,
    MJP
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    iambic mail and eudora have conduits that will sync your desktop outlook (express) inbox with every hotsync. Iambic is a very nice program, but unfortunately, without 5way support.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Kudos to PalmOne for releasing this Mail beta. I hope the "beta" means they're still working on it. It's a nice simple client but could use some additional features:

1) I wish the account you're checking or last checked would be listed in the header section. You have to open up the menu to see what account you're set to.

2) I don't know why "Other" was taken out of the account set-up drop-down list.

3) It would be nice to check all accounts together, rather than have to change accounts via the menu before sending/receiving. This applies to manual checking. It would be nice to have the option to view all messages together as well.

4) You should be able to create folders so you can move and categorize messages.
    Originally posted by AngryCPA
    derek you are doing a great job, keep u the good work
    Thanks!
    I'm loving this new client-- I liked snapper, but just had my 30-day trial expire, and $40 is a tad much for a pda app, in my opinion.

But what gives? Why is this here all of a sudden? And free? And circumventing picturemail? I'm so used to companies trying their hardest to screw me that I'm totally flabbergasted at being handed a mail client that works (and does some stuff you used to have to pay for) for free. It's great, but how did this happen and why? And who do I thank? And how long do we have before it disappears, never to be seen again, or to be replaced with a $99 pay version?
    The Palm One email app looks like the only option to manage email on the POP server is to leave it on the server, or delete it when it is *fetched*. Please tell me I am wrong. I *really like Snapper's ability to choose how to handle the server based on trashing a message, or emptying the trash.

But I do like the two-line Inbox display much better than Snapper's column view.

I'm still on the trial version of Snapper...is there a way to have a two-line display in Snapper?

Stephen
    I seem to remember when using the demo that there was a button (maybe in the lower-right corner?) for a two-line display.

I'm expired, so i can't check for you. But I'm pretty sure it was there.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dakshah
    ... I'm still on the trial version of Snapper...is there a way to have a two-line display in Snapper?

Stephen
    On the lower right hand corner you will see something that looks like a pencil. If you tap that with your stylus, it will change to a hand with a finger pointing up. This is "Finger" mode (so you can use your finger as a stylus) and will give you a two line display. Although it is called finger mode, it still works fine with the stylus if you wound rather not use your finger.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by raygundan
    I seem to remember when using the demo that there was a button (maybe in the lower-right corner?) for a two-line display.

I'm expired, so i can't check for you. But I'm pretty sure it was there.
    Sorry to hear you're expired. Hope it was not a painful one. Are you writing from heaven or hell? I'm guessing hell because if you were in heaven you'd have more privileges.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12