1.    #1  
    I've got my new 600 (yesterday) supported by Sprint. I went to the phone info and got my user id, tried to send an e-mail and tried to send one to the 600 from another computer. Neither worked and said
    This service will be available soon. You will receive a text message when it is ready. Until then you can use short mail to send text messages, etc. etc. Is this just standard for new 600's? It takes how long to get this activated?
    Originally posted by basil999
    I've got my new 600 (yesterday) supported by Sprint. I went to the phone info and got my user id, tried to send an e-mail and tried to send one to the 600 from another computer. Neither worked and said
    This service will be available soon. You will receive a text message when it is ready. Until then you can use short mail to send text messages, etc. etc. Is this just standard for new 600's? It takes how long to get this activated?
    That message comes up when you try to send an SMS. How exactly did you try to send e-mail? More details would help.
  3.    #3  
    Went to messaging, typed in an email address (mine on my computer), typed a quick message and hit send.
  4.    #4  
    Okay, I see where it is in SMS from the applications thing and I get the same screen I get when I click on the envelope button. So where is full blown E-MAIL? They gave me a user id...don't I use that with the ....@sprintpcs.com for my e-mail address? I've been reading the book instructions for hours and can't find anything to explain. I do know SMS is sending to another phone and all. I don't want to do that.
    OK, I see the problem. That's the SMS application for sending text messages. You get that message because Sprint doesn't have SMS yet. Even if they did, it's not sending e-mail so it wouldn't work anyway.

You need an e-mail application. Sprint originally had it removed from the Treo for some reason. However you can get it here http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...oads_table.jsp or try another application like SnapperMail or Eudora.
    Does this work about like the popmail component of Sprint Business Connection?
    Originally posted by Dalai Lama
    Does this work about like the popmail component of Sprint Business Connection?
    I'm not sure, I've never used BC. But the POP HS client is free so there's no harm in trying it out.
    Well, I have the Business Con thing as part of a business package from Sprint. As fickle as the Treo (and to be fair, proabably most Palm OS units) can be about conflicts, I suspect I can only have one or the other trying to access the mail server at any one time.
  9.    #9  
    Well, they don't tell you ANYTHING in the instructions, but you have to call Sprint and they have to walk you through the e-mail download (Eudora). Took just a few minutes and now works fine, and Support Services was VERY helpful.