Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    This must be done with your included headpiece.

    While on a call, get in you car and close the door. Whenever this happens, the call gets dropped. Happened to a friend also who, before he noticed, thought I was nuts.

    Report back please ..
  2. #2  
    Haven't tried it yet...

    Did you perhaps slam the cord in the car door?
  3. #3  
    I remember reading in another post that if you blow real hard into the microphone it also hangs up the call. Perhaps it is related to the loudness of the sound of closing the door.
  4. #4  
  5. #5  
    I just tried it out myself and it did the same thing. I made a call to my g/f and while on th ephone I got in my car and shut the door and it hung up. I was usin gthe handspring headset that comes with it also so it must not be just a third-party thing.
  6. #6  
    Static Electricity of rubbing against the cloth of a car seat maybe?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by miradu
    Static Electricity of rubbing against the cloth of a car seat maybe?
    I dont think so because if i sit down in the car and leave the door open its fine but as soon as I shut it it hangs up. I did try closing it very slowly and then it was fine so it must have something to do with either the air pressure on the mic or the sudden sound but this is a strange problem.
  8. #8  
    I still think your over driving the mic with the high pressue of closing the door, causing it to clip and mimic the hangup or cause a spike?

    Can you sit in the drivers side like normal and have a friend close the passanger door and see what hapends. If it is from SPL, I assume it would have to be close to the mic.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I still think your over driving the mic with the high pressue of closing the door, causing it to clip and mimic the hangup or cause a spike?

    Can you sit in the drivers side like normal and have a friend close the passanger door and see what hapends. If it is from SPL, I assume it would have to be close to the mic.
    Tried that. Same thing.

    To the earlier post, no, didn't clos the door on the cord. First time it happened, I thought I somehow pressed the "hang up" button and chalked it up to carelessness. Second time, same thing. Third time, I got curious and tried the experiment. Incidentally, I just got a new headset today to replace the OEM one; I tried it out and yes, same thing happened. Haven't tried doing this without the headset .. yet.
  10. #10  
    How 'bout opening several windows, then repeating the experiment, to see if it is the loudness of the sound or the change in pressure. (though I guess both will move the diaphragm of the mic...)
    Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by 2ndWife
    How 'bout opening several windows, then repeating the experiment, to see if it is the loudness of the sound or the change in pressure. (though I guess both will move the diaphragm of the mic...)
    It has to be the air pressure because I did try opening the windows and slamming the door as hard as I could and nothing happened then so its not the noise its the pressure.
  12. #12  
    If its pressure I think it is acting on the touchscreen and not the mic to hang up call. Try it with the mic on mute and all windows closed. I don't have headset with me but will try it later.
  13. #13  
    You should be able to lock touchscreen during a call and testing again, thus you can determine if its mic or touchscreen.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by Vigor
    You should be able to lock touchscreen during a call and testing again, thus you can determine if its mic or touchscreen.
    Ok treid something different this time. I had someone hold the treo outside the card and i had the wire for the mic go through the window of the passenger side door. I rolled the window up almost all the way without pinching the cord and then shut the driver side door and it cut off again so it has to be the mic for sure.
  15. #15  
    It has to be the pressure causing this. I have tried it with mine and it does the same thing unless I roll the windows down. I am using a Body Glove headset but it does the same thing with the Belkin model also.

    The way the switch works is via a small micro switch that shorts the mic to ground. The pressure change probably causes the switch to engage.

    Weird.
  16. #16  
    So if you mute the call when getting in, is everything ok?
  17. #17  
    Sounds like SPL over driving the mic then. Matt

Posting Permissions