1. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    when creating a new SMS message, if i choose 'lookup' via the rocker, i immediately soft-reset. if i choose 'lookup' with the stylus, i get to the lookup screen but after i select a phone number and choose ok, i soft-reset. this is on a brand new sprintPCS treo600.

comments/suggestions?
    I have the same problem too..

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    Same problem here. I suspect it's a bug in the SMS program. I just go to contacts and choose "Message" from there or I manually enter the phone number. I hope Handspring fixes this at some point.
    Same here. It's a pain.
    You all probably have the "Hardware Rev B" Treo 600. I had the same problem with my previous T600. The current one is a "hardware Rev. C" and It's been flawless to date.
    Originally posted by cferd
    You all probably have the "Hardware Rev B" Treo 600. I had the same problem with my previous T600. The current one is a "hardware Rev. C" and It's been flawless to date.
    I didn't think of that. I do have hardware rev B. I think it's time to give Handspring a call.
    I have rev B and my Lookup works just fine.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    how would a hardware revision fix a software issue?

I have Hardware version B
    and Software version 1.0 (Treo600-1.0-SPR)

My SMS works fine. I tried to repeat the steps y'all are doing on my SMS and it works fine. I am also running Treo600SMS, but I doubt that has any effect on it, but still wanted to share that.

Good luck, matt burkhard
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    how would a hardware revision fix a software issue?

I have Hardware version B
    and Software version 1.0 (Treo600-1.0-SPR)

That's fine. I never meant to imply that everybody who has a "Hardware Rev B" has this problem.

If I remember correctly, I haven't seen anyone with a "C" version (me included) talking about an SMS reset problem with their phone in any thread.

Saying that you have the "B" version and not having a problem is one thing. Now if you tell me that you have the "C" version and are experiencing this reset problem, then you'll be saying something.
    But how can a hardware version fix a software issue?
    If it was an iussue with the SD card not fittting good in some and fine in others and they were Hardware version A verses B, I understand that. But for a crash/bug or issue, I thgught Software or Firmware version was what you were after?
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    But how can a hardware version fix a software issue?
    How can everyone who has an SMS reset problem seem to have version "B"?

All I know is that no matter what I tried with my "B" phone, the reset problem remained under certain circumstances. My "C" phone doesn't have any reset problems at all.
    I seem to remember having an issue like this, when I first set my phone up, but I also did several hard resets due to apps that were not compadable, or didn't seem to be at leat. However, this is just a faint memeory and for all i know, it from ready these posts. But no, really, I think I may have had that issue the first day.

I had a hard time getting my phone setup the first couple times. It would lock up during the install and such. The final time was a charm though...it seems to work pretty darn good now. I am 90% it was some of the programs I was triging to install with the inital loading of the Treo600.