1.    #1  
    I played with a program called VMWARE it is a virtual machine you run on your own machine and install a new OS ect.. Anyway I ran it and installed WIN98 on it and the other needed software and tested PDANET (remeber this is on the p4 ht laptop it wouldnt run on) well PDA net worked.. Now... Its using the same physical hardware but different drivers, but its being represented as slightly different hardware being that its virtual.

next step, maybe myself or you guys might find out what software related drivers or items are causing this network issue... I really need this to work right.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
  2.    #2  
    Ok update... I repartitioned the hdd on the laptop installed xp pro from scratch NO DRIVERS. installed hotsync and pdanet .. and it crashed ??? it has to be a hardware issue. VMWARE has software represented hardware.. .dunno
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?