1.    #1  
    http://www.phonegames4u.com/phones/H...ingTreo600.php

Apparently these games are offerred by Orange for GSM Treo600 in the UK etc. Does anyone know which J2ME to install so you could get these games to run on the CDMA Treo600?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If you click on any of the categories, none of the games list compatibility with the T600. I don't think there is a Palm OS J2ME VM that is modern enough at the moment, though I could be wrong about that.

Anyone got more info then me?
    Hey there,

Well there is a J2ME for the Palm OS. I got this from another forum but I havent tried it yet. Be forewarned that once you install it I guess the guy that tried it was having problem synching with usb. His solution was to uninstall it and then synch. Read the below...

Off course you have seen the new mobile phones suitable for
    downloading games and applications. There are plenty of them out
    there. They are also known as MIDP (Mobile Information Devide
    Profile) and to run program they came with a Java Virtual Machine on
    it... which is J2ME (Java release 2 Mobile Edition - from SUN).

So... if you want to run those programs in your TREO 270 all you
    need to install is the PALM version of the J2ME virtual machine
    which includes a convertion program from the J2ME standard programs
    (JAD/JAR) to the PALM standard programs (PRC). That's the link I add.

Some J2ME compliant phones are: Nokia (3650 3585i 6310i ), Motorola
    (T720 i90c i85s i80s i55sr), Samsung (SPH-I300), Kyocera (QCP6035)
    and many many others... almost all the new ones around the 200 euros.

The only problem as I mention is that once you install the J2ME
    Virtual Machine on the TREO I cannot synchronize with the PC using
    USB... but I'm working on that, to find out where the problem is.

Anyway you can try, all you need to do is to remove at the TREO the
    J2ME and the programs once you finish testing and the HotSync will
    work again.

Link: h11p://:java.sun.com/products/midp4palm/download.html

Hope this help,
    ~DssHobby~

A hobby is a hobby, but DSS is my HOBBY!!
    DSS=This
    IBM's WebSphere didn't work on my T6. Other posts indicate that SUn's J2ME also doesn't work.
  5.    #5  
    Well there is a J2ME for the Palm OS. I got this from another forum but I havent tried it yet. Be forewarned that once you install it I guess the guy that tried it was having problem synching with usb. His solution was to uninstall it and then synch. Read the below...

Off course you have seen the new mobile phones suitable for
    downloading games and applications. There are plenty of them out
    there. They are also known as MIDP (Mobile Information Devide
    Profile) and to run program they came with a Java Virtual Machine on
    it... which is J2ME (Java release 2 Mobile Edition - from SUN)...
    This is wierd? Why is it that the Treo300 supported Sun's VM out the box perfectly but the Treo600 doesn't (i.e Hillcast's Midcast etc)? That seems like an aweful step backwards! The fact that Handspring didn't bundle a J2ME was a critical mistake imo...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've been super waiting for a Treo600 compatible J2ME VM that is compliant with MIDP 2.0. I also used Midcast, which relies on the old JavaHQ. Why is it taking so lng for a Java VM? Whyis it that I can't find ANY information on any upcoming Java VM's?

i've also tried as many JAVA VM's as I could - the IBM Websphere one is JUST for tungstens, and it crashes my t600 when run. So, why have all us early adopters been left in the dark about Java?
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by littlebeancurd
    i've also tried as many JAVA VM's as I could - the IBM Websphere one is JUST for tungstens, and it crashes my t600 when run. So, why have all us early adopters been left in the dark about Java?
    Well since Palm merged with Handspring, does anyone know if PalmOne will also port Websphere to the Treo line as well? That would only make sense IMO...which is why it won't happen huh?

Gfunk and littlebean,

Trust me, I feel your pain! It has really hindered our sales and development. We promise to get something out to you all soon... With the merger, we are having a tough time figuring out who are new contacts are (are they the old Palm guys or Handspring guys.... ARGGGH!!)
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    http://www.phonegames4u.com/phones/H...ingTreo600.php

Apparently these games are offerred by Orange for GSM Treo600 in the UK etc. Does anyone know which J2ME to install so you could get these games to run on the CDMA Treo600?
    I pinged them an email and they said none of the games are supported on the Treo 600, but they're working on it.