1.    #1  
    Since this morning, I have not been able to log onto any of the verichat IM proxy servers, MSN, Yahoo or AIM. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I get the initial screen of "connecting to...." But it never goes to the main IM screen (the one with all the buddies and contacts." I have emailed PDA Apps, but I haven't gotten a response.

When it was working, I loved it, and was thinking of buying it. However, I am not quite sure now.

mansona
    Same problem, on my second day of trying it (yesterday). It's definately not persuading me to purchase it. Let me know what you hear.

PS-I'd recommend manually logging onto each of your accounts through your computer. Their program kept me logged in, though no messages sent to me were getting through.
  3.    #3  
    I got this email from PDA App this morning.

We were having some server problem. You can install once again and see if this fixes the problem.
    Hopefully they are able to fix the problem soon.

mansona
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yet another reason why some people might want to try out the Chatter Trial

Keith
  5.    #5  
    I did try out Chatter. I think it's a great product. But for me, chatter's paradigm is too different. I am definitely used to having email and IM separated. I guess it's just preference.

I like having the interface relatively the same on as the desktop.

Thoughts? Comments?

mansona
  6.    #6  
    FYI, I am back online with Verichat. I also posted this at:

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...322#post277322

Hopefully for those who were also having trouble, perhaps they can get back online. I would love to know since I am thinking of purchasing Verichat, but this latest outage has me thinking.

mansona
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I totally agree with you. That is why I use SnapperMail for email and I use Chatter mainly for IM. (I have the "Disable IMAP" option checked for IMAP email) I really like the fact that Marc is super quick to respond and fix issues with Chatter and also that Chatter is tailor made for the Treo 600. There are some very cool features found only on the 600 and Chatter that I like as well.

Keith