1.    #1  
    I've noticed recently that the sticker on the back of my Sprint PCS Treo 600, which contains the ESN number (and another number, presumably the serial number?) has started to peel in the lower left corner.

It seems that eventually, it will get bad enough that I will have to take the sticker off entirely. (The feel of the corner against my hand has already started to bother me.)

I guess my questions are: Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice about the importance of trying to keep this from happening (I suppose I could tape over the sticker in some fashion)?
    Originally posted by tgaul
    I've noticed recently that the sticker on the back of my Sprint PCS Treo 600, which contains the ESN number (and another number, presumably the serial number?) has started to peel in the lower left corner.

It seems that eventually, it will get bad enough that I will have to take the sticker off entirely. (The feel of the corner against my hand has already started to bother me.)

I guess my questions are: Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice about the importance of trying to keep this from happening (I suppose I could tape over the sticker in some fashion)?
    the answer is yes. pull it and place it in a safe place. if you need to return unit then return label as well at that time. i don't think it needs to be on unit for warranty qualification.
    It happened to me too, right at the corner by that center indentation. I pulled the sticker back a tad, and snipped the corner (like a hangnail). So far the remainder is sticking. I also SCANNED the back of my phone, and saved the image for future reference.
    This happened to me too and it got annoying so I peeled it off and stuck it on the inside of the box it came in just in case I would need it again.
    Happened to me too. I pulled it off (and the silver label under it) and threw it away. If you need to return it, the dont look at the sticker, they get the esn from inside the phone application
    Originally posted by tmc19108
    Happened to me too. I pulled it off (and the silver label under it) and threw it away. If you need to return it, the dont look at the sticker, they get the esn from inside the phone application
    If you polish the siver under the sticker you can use it like a self portrait mirror like the P900
    Originally posted by zipdrive007

If you polish the siver under the sticker you can use it like a self portrait mirror like the P900
    Good one, Zip Drive!! What did you use to polish it?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Same thing happened to me. I took off the clear sticker with the ESN # on it and taped it to the box also.

I didnt take off the silver sticker though. What's under the silver sticker?

Thanks!
    Doug
    The ESN is also available by going to the Phone App and looking at Phone Info.

Why they didn't put it on the box like other manufacturers is kind of a mystery...I guess people were stealing the serial numbers or something.

...ken
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Mine isn't peeling up, but it does appear to be rubbing off. I figure in another couple months the bar codes and half the numbers will be unreadible. I think it's because I use the old Treo 300 soft case and like the 300, I put the 600 into it screen facing inward which works quite well (I really really need a true hard case that puts the screen inward, given the environments in which I carry this phone). Anyway, it puts the sticker just even with the edge of the outside of the case just above the velcro so it rubs there.

ian
    Originally posted by DougDarden
    Same thing happened to me. I took off the clear sticker with the ESN # on it and taped it to the box also.

I didnt take off the silver sticker though. What's under the silver sticker?

Thanks!
    Doug
    Nothing. It looks like maybe a screw is there, but when you take the sticker off - no screw.
    I went to the sprint store today for some questiosn regarding (search for) Network Search issues. Anyway, they said that since my ESN sticker wasnt on, it voids the warranty. I told them thats BS, because it eventually peels off, showed them my friend's esn that was partially comming off and the esn was already scratched off anyway. I also showed them that it is digitally signed inside the hardware (##786). So they put a note on my account that the esn sticker came off for future references. How sad is it that our warranty may become void due to a defect in craftmanship. I hope sprint makes this a known issue for all treo 600s.