Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Picked up a GSM treo 600 from Cingular. I'm going to decide between it and the Samsung SCH I600 I just picked up. I'll report back after I've had a chance to really compare, but here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    screen on.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    the case
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    case with treo in it.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    next to i600
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    side view
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    with screens on.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    MSN on both
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    MSN on both 2
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    MSN on both 3. It's harder to tell from the pictures than standing here, but the i600 has much better image quality, while the t600 has a much brighter screen.
    Nice pics! Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    iJITSU

Gee, man, you're going thru phones like there's no tomorrow starting w/ the MPx200

I am still trying to get my hands on a SPV E200, especially since there's no TMo Treo 600 yet.
    VERY bright in that dark room. Does it look that washed out when actually looking at Treo 600 screen compared to ur pics?

Ahhh, she's a silver beauty!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm a smartphone maniac as of late, much to my bank account's demise

The Treo 600 has a super bright screen, but suffers from the 160x160 and 12 bit? color depth. It really shows compared to my T3 and even the Samsung i600. Not as washed out as in the pics, but very noticeable. Can't believe Handspring didn't go with a better screen. I'd have paid more money to have it and I can tell you that I probably wouldn't even be looking at the i600 had the treo had a TFT transflective 16 bit screen. Still, I like the Palm OS and the other attributes of the treo make it attractive regardless.
    Last edited by iJITSU; 11/14/2003 at 11:47 PM.
    Originally posted by iJITSU
    Yeah, I'm a smartphone maniac as of late, much to my bank account's demise

Ditto for me. I hated the Mpx200. Can you comment on the intrusiveness of the cingular branding? Does it only appear on startup and shutdown?

FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
  16. purpleC
    i600 screen is active and 16bit. Treo will experiance ghosting when playing video/games (if the player doesn't crash that is) and lacking color depth (wash out)

not bad for a cheapie ~$300 smartphone eh? the mpx200 is even cheaper.
    I've got one also. Literally the only place on the Treo where you see anything is a Cingular graphic when you turn wireless on or off. It's a white background with the orange Cingular graphic. There is a sticker on the box that says wireless service by Cingular, and a getting started booklet that looks like it's from Handspring but has a Cingular logo on the cover. Otherwise it seems a plan GSM Treo 600.

Originally posted by daftgem

Can you comment on the intrusiveness of the cingular branding? Does it only appear on startup and shutdown?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Originally posted by daftgem

I hated the Mpx200.
    The mpx200 is the FIRST MS mobile device that I actually liked. I'm a long time palm user, never liked PPC's (though I've tried many), but I found the MS Smartphone OS/ Moto hardware to be decent. I may stray to the MSSP platform, but I'm sure if I do the first hi res folder Palm OS 5 or 6 smartphone will pull me back
    Interesting pics! iJITSU, what was your impression of the lack of a touch screen on the i600 and MPx200? That really irked me when I tried out the MPx200 myself. I personally would prefer to have an on screen data input option besides just T9. Also, there just doesn't seem to be enough software out there for Windows Mobile for Smartphone yet...However the E200 does seem really nice!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  20. purpleC
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Interesting pics! iJITSU, what was your impression of the lack of a touch screen on the i600 and MPx200? That really irked me when I tried out the MPx200 myself. I personally would prefer to have an on screen data input option besides just T9. Also, there just doesn't seem to be enough software out there for Windows Mobile for Smartphone yet...However the E200 does seem really nice!
    Well maybe not, but following your own killer app list
    mpx should finish respectably.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=2

From about 40 on top list, about 8 are not available. Printboy, DTG, Novianimator are the notable. The rest are available, built in, or irrelevant to the OS. I am surprised Vexed hasn't been ported to smartphone yet.

Metro
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/677.html

Not bad eh? considering how green the system is. Of course it will take a while for full medic app on Smartphone, but It's trivial, considering some big database and full ebook reader have been ported to Smartphone. If it is available on PPC, it will be available for smartphone.

Once smartphone has a full size office apps like Textmaker and Planmaker it's ready to take POS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast