1.    #1  
    As you know, to find a good Radio Channel can be rather time consuming so if you have visited a channel and would recommend it, please post the "Type of Music" and the "Channel" for all to enjoy.

I'm new to Shoutcast but here is one of mines (Thanks FairOasis for the infor):

Type of Music: Smooth Jazz

Channel: 207.44.144.92:8080
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I don't know if this is a widely-documented feature or not, but...

In Blazer, if you go to Shoutcast.com and click on one of the TUNE IN yellow buttons, then click YES to the "Do you want to download?", OPEN when the download completes, and then YES to "Do you want to accept .PLS file?"--it will start playing in Ptunes without anything further required?

It does drop you to the applications menu, but it's incredible that it works!

Better yet, bookmark the Shoutcast stations at or under 32 kbps:

http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?maxbitrate32

(Go ahead and send that link to your phone via a text message, then bookmark it when you have loaded it in Blazer!)
    WFMU has some good qualities:
    http://mp3stream.wfmu.org:8004
    I can't get Shoutcast to work. I go through the steps, but it doesn't connect. When I click on Pocket Tunes, the display shows this message: "Couldn't reconnect. Retrying in 10 seconds....". It never connects. I'm trying to connect to the 32 bitrate sites.
    Originally posted by hocus703

In Blazer, if you go to Shoutcast.com and click on one of the TUNE IN yellow buttons, then click YES to the "Do you want to download?", OPEN when the download completes, and then YES to "Do you want to accept .PLS file?"--it will start playing in Ptunes without anything further required?
    I believe if you hit NO to OPEN WHEN COMPLETE, it will add the station without dropping you back at the Apps screen
    BTW, I'm using Shoutcast version 2.1 (Basic). Still can't get this puppy to work!
    Originally posted by wayne_b
    BTW, I'm using Shoutcast version 2.1 (Basic). Still can't get this puppy to work!
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK - $ShoutCast$ $streaming$ $is$ $only$ $supported$ $with$ $the$ $Deluxe$ $version$ $of$ $Pocket$ $Tunes$.

See the following articles for more information:

http://treo600essentials.com/smartfa...wer=1068709299

http://treo600essentials.com/smartfa...wer=1068880169
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Note the Beta version of pTunes that many still have, will *not* support loading of the pls files. Only the new 2.x Deluxe version can do that.

BTW, one trick on the shoutcast site is to scroll down to the bottom of the first page, and select 56k modem in the "Limit by Bandwidth" dropdown. When it reloads, bookmark that page as your starting Shoutcast page. That'll limit all listings to 56kbps or less (typically you'll see only stuff at 48, 40, 32 and 24 kbps which is just perfect for the Treo 600, which only *occasionally* keeps up with a 56kbps stream.

ian
    Guess it's time to upgrade! Thanks, folks!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Daemon
    That'll limit all listings to 56kbps or less (typically you'll see only stuff at 48, 40, 32 and 24 kbps which is just perfect for the Treo 600, which only *occasionally* keeps up with a 56kbps stream.

ian
    I'm finding that even at 24 kbps I get a lot of rebuffering (GSM version). A friend of mine and I have been playing with Streamsicle for some time, and our 64kbps Streams are horrid on the Treo of course <g>. He's going to keep his at 64kbps, and I'm going to try to convert mine down to 24kbps - so we have one to listen to on the PC and one on the Treo

Danita