1.    #1  
    After waiting patiently for my 300->600 trade-up from Handspring, I was in an auto accident last Friday, and am confined to my apartment in a rather large leg cast for the time being, so wouldn't you know it that the 600 arrived within days after that!

I have not tried to provision it so far because I can't get to the sprint store and the 300 never worked inside my apartment so I assume the 600 won't either.

1) So I am worried about whether the time is running out to provision the phone, find and replace if defective, etc. Would appreciate any advice.

2) In the meantime, last night I synch'd my apps and data over from the 300 to the 600 via Hotsync on my computer, thinking I could in the meantime at least use it as a Palm for now, but it seems to refuse to keep wireless mode off and instead insists on looking for the sprint network. A scrollup reset turns Wireless Mode off but then everytime it resets due to clicking on a presumably incompatible app, it auto-soft resets and starts Wireless Mode up again searching for the sprint network. The problem is that as long as it is searching for the sprint network with W/M on, it won't let me use any of my regular palm apps or even accept button presses other than the phone one. Any suggestions as to how to stop this? W/M turns on with chimes up, but refuses to manually turn off or give a chimes-down signal. Should I be worried about this? Will it all be cured when I am able to provision?

3) Lastly, these older incompat apps which got tranferred over are a nuisance causing auto-resets. Is there a list somewhere of which ones I should just delete and be done with it? I've got a ton of (relatively important) apps loaded which all worked fine on my 300.

Thanks in advance to anyone patient enough to plow through this long story and questions and provide help and advice!

NateS
    Last edited by NateS; 11/14/2003 at 09:44 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by NateS
    After waiting patiently for my 300->600 trade-up from Handspring, I was in an auto accident last Friday, and am confined to my apartment in a rather large leg cast for the time being, so wouldn't you know it that the 600 arrived within days after that!

I have not tried to provision it so far because I can't get to the sprint store and the 300 never worked inside my apartment so I assume the 600 won't either.

1) So I am worried about whether the time is running out to provision the phone, find and replace if defective, etc. Would appreciate any advice.

2) In the meantime, last night I synch'd my apps and data over from the 300 to the 600 via Hotsync on my computer, thinking I could in the meantime at least use it as a Palm for now, but it seems to refuse to keep wireless mode off and instead insists on looking for the sprint network. A scrollup reset turns Wireless Mode off but then everytime it resets due to clicking on a presumably incompatible app, it auto-soft resets and starts Wireless Mode up again searching for the sprint network. The problem is that as long as it is searching for the sprint network with W/M on, it won't let me use any of my regular palm apps or even accept button presses other than the phone one. Any suggestions as to how to stop this? W/M turns on with chimes up, but refuses to manually turn off or give a chimes-down signal. Should I be worried about this? Will it all be cured when I am able to provision?

3) Lastly, these older incompat apps which got tranferred over are a nuisance causing auto-resets. Is there a list somewhere of which ones I should just delete and be done with it? I've got a ton of (relatively important) apps loaded which all worked fine on my 300.

Thanks in advance to anyone patient enough to plow through this long story and questions and provide help and advice!

NateS
    Well, it just got worse - I discovered that my Agendus app, which I normally use all day long in my work, does not scroll in the 600, and iambic verifies this and says they are working on including support for the 5-way nav buttons in their next release! Since this program is heavily tied in with my relational DBMS system on my computers, and using the stylus is totally impractical for scrolling (especially since when I go back to work it will be on crutches), this means I really cannot switch off my sprint service to my Treo 300 and switch on the 600 until iambic comes out with their next edition. This makes the question above even more important - will a LONG delay in decommissioning my 300 and activating my 600 cause me problems with Sprint or Handspring if there turns out to be a defect in the phone etc. discovered after service is turned on?

Hoping for some sage advice.

NateS
    Last edited by NateS; 11/15/2003 at 10:37 AM.
    You have 14 days to try the phone AFTER activating it. I also believe that with HS you have 30 days total to check it out.