1. agn
    When I am on a call and i get another, i hit answer to switch to the other call. When I finish with that call there doesn't seem to be a way to hang up. There is hang up all, swap, and speaker. How do i disconnect from one call and keep talking on the other. I thought that the other person hanging up would disconnect but it doesnt.

Any thoughts?
    You don't. That's the one thing that irritated the crap out of me about the 300 that they did not fix. The other party hangs up, and the Treo just pretends that there's another call until you finish and hang up. I suspect this also prevents another call from coming in.
    I've noticed the same annoying thing. You can't hang up one of the two calls you have - you can only hang up ALL.

...does that mean I'm being billed for x2 my minutes at that point?

eeek.
    Originally posted by Zaud
    I've noticed the same annoying thing. You can't hang up one of the two calls you have - you can only hang up ALL.

...does that mean I'm being billed for x2 my minutes at that point?

eeek.
    Yes it does. As far as the phone knows, you're still on both calls so you're racking up minutes from both. That bugs me too.
    Actually, I would think that you're only being billed for 2 calls while 2 are actually active; the cell site knows when the other caller hangs up and should terminate billing at that point.
    to end a call while in a call waiting just press the back arrow or backspace key during the call you want to hang up. the phone should ring in a few seconds (no caller id) & voila. the person is there. i don't think it always works though... and no you do not get charged for both calls. if you listen you can tell when the other line hangs up. it's a quick broken or triple dial tone. you here this tone also if you don't answer a call waiting & let it go to voicemail (when it goes to voicemail you here the tone). try it out

p.s. here are other keys you can press during a call
    space bar= toggle speakerphone
    return key= toggle mute
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME INFORMATION!

(PLEASE tell me that I didn't miss this in the manual...)
    Originally posted by treoneo
    to end a call while in a call waiting just press the back arrow or backspace key during the call you want to hang up. the phone should ring in a few seconds (no caller id) & voila. the person is there. i don't think it always works though... and no you do not get charged for both calls. if you listen you can tell when the other line hangs up. it's a quick broken or triple dial tone. you here this tone also if you don't answer a call waiting & let it go to voicemail (when it goes to voicemail you here the tone). try it out

return key= toggle mute
    I knew what the keyboard keys did during a call. However since hanging up with the onscreen button hung up on both people, I never tried using the backspace key. I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks.
    Worked awesome for me. You'll want to tell the person you are NOT hanging up on what is going to happen since it WILL confuse them.
    Hey it works, but how stange........Matt
  11. agn
    sweet good info here.
    return key = toggle mute??

Anyone gotten this to work? On my phone, when on a call, the keyboard return key pulls up the dialpad. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    Also, after terminating one of the calls, having both people on the screen does NOT prevent another call from coming in. However, when another call does come in, the way they're shown on the screen gets screwed up.

Example: you're on the phone with A and B calls, whom you decide to talk to instead. You swap to A and say you'll call them back, then swap back to B. When C calls, B's name is replaced with C's name and when you swap back from C's call to B's call, on the screen it looks like you're swapping back to A because A's name is still on the screen.

Does that make sense?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I've been struggling with this myself...now I just need to remember these shortcuts the next time I am on the phone. ;-)
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    ok I was bored at work today. So I called my phone from 8-0384, answered call then called my phone from 8-3820, call waiting. If you hit ignore it may go to voicemail, sometimes it rings for a while. Let call waiting go to voicemail, display stays, then I started a new call from 8-0385, display still says 8-3820 but if you hit answer when it beeps in your ear it picks up the call from 8-0385. This is really stupid, because the call and number is recognized in the call log. If I conference a call by calling one # and then another, most of the time it works, but sometimes the 2nd call is not added it is just put on hold and no matter what I try to do it will not be conferenced. It seems this is mostly other cell phones that I have called, because my #s at work conferenced just fine.

Also, return does not mute, it only brings you to the dial pad. Period puts a call on hold and gives you a button to add another call, hit that and it takes you the main of the phone app, I suppose so you can goto the contacts or dial pad. There should be a key to mute but I cant figure it out.

So my real problem is if I dont hit ignore I wont know who is calling the 2nd time. And if you swap between either of the calls you can only hang up the one you are on(or want to keep) by hitting backspace (by hitting hang up all you do just that) and once you hit backspace it seems like it does hang up both calls but then 2 seconds later I get a call from "No Caller ID" and its the call I wanted to keep. The caller also hears a ringing before they connect back to my phone. This is so stupid...I am so pissed at this crappy phone integration between HS and Sprint, and I'm sure the story is the same for all carriers. I want an update for my phone app cuz this is BS! WAKE UP HS AND FIX THIS!!
    All noobs click here
    Originally posted by treoneo

return key= toggle mute
    As far as I know, pressing the "return" key does not toggle "mute" on or off. Can you confirm that you have actually used this feature?

I know that this info is all in the manual, but I haven't heard of anyone actually being able to get the phone to "mute" by just pressing the "return" key. The "spacebar" works for using the speaker phone.
    Look and read here
    Ciao

Ettore