Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Problem still happening in NY, too. I spoke to tech support this morning and they said that they did not have an estimated time for a fix, but that they were working on it "around the clock."
    Another day, and still out...

I spoke with AOL and they say there is still no estimated time for the fix. The tech support guy said, though, that they were getting slammed with calls.

The most frustrating part of the call, though, was that they tried to up-sell me a new service. Come on! When the service is out b/c of a fault on your side and it's been going on for days and you don't know when it'll be fixed, don't try to sell me something. Fix what you've already sold me.

Sorry for ranting...
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Please disregard.
    Last edited by Rusty J; 11/20/2003 at 02:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    1'm having about a 20% success rate logging into AOL now -- but at least it's starting to work again. My guess is that they're patching their servers a few at a time, and it's just a matter of whether you connect to a patched server or not on any particular attempt.

Rusty J
    270, AT&T, AOL 3.0 for Palm
    Tungsten T3, S/E T616, AT&T, AOL3
    90 (no connectivity yet).
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Rusty J
    Last edited by Rusty J; 11/20/2003 at 02:31 PM.
    AOL is working now as I could connect. Can anyone else confirm if they can connect now via Treo?

Hopefully this is not temporary.

Thanks
    Originally posted by ronbo2000
    AOL is working now as I could connect. Can anyone else confirm if they can connect now via Treo?

Hopefully this is not temporary.

Thanks
    Date: 11/20/03
    Time: 10:10pm

Seems FIXED now. So far I've been able to sign on 7 times in a row without getting the "Checking password" hang........ yet.
    Originally posted by TR30

Date: 11/20/03
    Time: 10:10pm

Seems FIXED now. So far I've been able to sign on 7 times in a row without getting the "Checking password" hang........ yet.
    It just went down again ... I am stuck at the "Checking password".

It is now 10:50pm in Los Angeles, CA.

Thank you for your response TR30.
    it's 3:50 p.m. in nyc and it seems to be broken again. it worked earlier today, but i consistently hang at "checking password" again.

i assume you're all getting the same result.
    It's Sat. 11/22 12:30pm in LA, CA.

I can connect again now but not at 11am today although I was able to connect earlier around 10am. Seems the fix is still unstable.
    same. i'm able to connect again, most of the time. so, i'm assuming the kinks are now just being worked out.
    Finally... no more "checking password" problems for me. Been signing in and out of all day and not once have I gotten the "checking password" hang. Hopefully everyone else aren't getting this problem anymore.
    Seems to be working. Fingers crossed.
    Confirmed here in LA today 11/27 from 8am thru 6pm. Always able to connect several times with no more hang ups in password checking...

Agree with Mike. Hope this is it.
    Forgive my ignorance, as I am a P900 user, who wants to try a Treo 600. Does the AOL software allow you to connect via GPRS directly, without the need of using an access tel. number? Similar to the TCP/IP on the desktop? N the Sprint version, does the software connect through Vision as well?

TIA, Jeff
    Jeff
    jeff@nospam.jeffharris.com
    www.jeffharris.com
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Yes. Set "Location" to "Another ISP", and you're good to go.
    Rusty J.
    T:T3+T616
    My 600 will probably be on Sprint, unless:
    -AT&T data charges drop drastIcally, or
    -T-Mo gets the 600.
    (Has H3ll frozen over yet?)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123