Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Here's an update on the AOL/Palm issue:

Spoke to them this morning. It is a problem all up and down the east coast. They are aware of it; it is somewhere on their end. They are working on it.

ME
    anyone know where to get aol for palm?
    this is the only one I know of - $20 tho

AOL 3.1 FOR PALM

From what I've seen, the free 3.1 from the UK doesn't work as needed here in the US

unless someone else knows of another source for the palm software that is free?
    Here in Chicago I got the same problem with hanging on the password screen all weekend. Ocassioanlly it has happened before, but a soft reset would fix it but that is when I had the I330. From what I have read here in conjunction with an educated guess there is no way that it is the Treo's fault, it is most defintely on AOL's side.
    Originally posted by MikeElmendorf
    Here's an update on the AOL/Palm issue:

Spoke to them this morning. It is a problem all up and down the east coast. They are aware of it; it is somewhere on their end. They are working on it.

ME
    Thanks for the info
    Apparently it's up and down the west coast as well.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I am from Cleveland....same issue...still going on today... hanging up at password check.
    Has anyone heard anything new from AOL on this?
    I was wondering the same thing... I just tried it again and no go! bummer...
    I know this doesn't help the 600 users but I can still use my AOL pqa with no problems. I wonder how it differs from the AOL 3.1 app.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I logged on to AOL twice from my 270 this afternoon (about 5 and 7 PM mtn time) after repeated failures earlier in the day.
    Now it's stopped working.
    From what I can tell from the AOL PDA messageboards, the problem also affects their client app for PPC devices too.

Rusty J
    270 on AT&T (AOL 3.0)
    Tungsten T3 #2 (battery sled killed #1)
    SonyEricsson T616 on AT&T
    i705 (dust-accumulation research testbed)
    Vx
    Five people at my workplace had the same problem on their Tungsten W running AOL 3.1. It would get stuck at the "Checking Password" stage. My support staff called AOL support. AOL said that they had made changes to their network on Sunday, and that those changes had resulted in these unexpected issues. They are working on a resolution as fast as they can, but have no ETA for the fix.
    I am running AOL 3.0 on a Treo 270 and began experiencing the hang after "checking password..." earlier today. After testing it on AT&T GPRS network and Cingular, I called AOL who told me that it was (as others have reported here) a problem that they were aware of.

The person I spoke with said she would talk to one of the people working on the problem and provide me with an answer about the timeframe. Our email exchange is below. Our exchange took place on 11/18, so when they refer to tomorrow, they mean Wednesday 11/19. Hope this is helpful.

AOL: We have fixed the problems our Palm, Pocket PC customers are facing with freezing the client while checking the password. This fix should be available early tomorrow to all the Palm and Pocket PC customers.

ME: thank you. is this a fix i need to get from you (and if so, where do i download), or is it something you're just going to do on your end?

AOL: This is something we will be doing on our end. And it looks like it will happen early tomorrow morning. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you're still not able to get on line tomorrow.
    Last edited by newbie3; 11/18/2003 at 11:30 PM.
    There is a fix in the works. It's a high priority.
    Newbie3, thanks for the update.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    well, it's the next morning and, unfortunately, mine's still not working. anyone else still having problems?
    Well, it is 9:20 AZ. time and this is about the sixth day that my AOL has not worked...Geez!!
    I thought I was having a unique problem with my AOL with Treo since 2-3 days ago. I am using a 180 Treo with AOL 3.0 and as of today 8:30am PST it still hangs to checking password.

Help!!!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    and that's it.
    I was using my T3 & T616, but it's the same problem.

Rusty J
    T3 + T616
    AOL 3.0
    It's currently 9:50am here in California and my AOL 3.1 is still not working.

Waiting patiently...
    well, i made two contacts with AOL this a.m. to get an update on when the fix will be done.

one person there told me there is *no* estimated time. when i asked if it could be days, she repeated that there was no estimated time that it would be fixed.

the second person there told me they expected the problem to be fixed within hours.

if you're interested in calling. the direct number for pda support is 1-866-265-4732.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast