1.    #1  
    I can live with BC push not working properly, or the SMS alert not coming immediately. But I can't live with BC deleting messages from the Exchange server. Is this the expected behavior, and/or is there a setting somewhere I'm missing that can change this? I plan to use the 600 to receive all of my email and respond only to things that require my immediate attention, while deleting other things that can wait until I'm at my desk to keep the 600 clean. And as the Exchange administrator at my company, I can only imagine the mess that this functionality will create once some of the more clueless users get these devices.
    Yes, I'm *sure* this is the way BizConn is supposed to work -- at least, that's the way it's been advertised since I started using it over a year ago....

I hear what you're saying, but my use-case is the exact opposite -- and I imagine that's the case for 99% of users. When you delete a message on the Treo, who wants to have to go back and delete all those messages again later in Outlook? To me, that would be a real mess.

Actually this is also one of the features I like about BizConn's POP access -- the messages I delete from my Treo also get deleted from my POP server....Not all clients provide this sync with POP.
    also rant: Push now seems to be working a lot better for me -- are you still seeing problems? I'm trying to figure out if they might have fixed something....
  4.    #4  
    Push has been happening much quicker after Outlook receives the message, still no autodownload of that message in the 600's BC client.

And I appreciate the response, I figured that this was how most people prefer it to work, I just wish it were an option.
    Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean....by Push, I think they mean that shortly after a message hits your Outlook/Exchange/Notes, the message is synched to your Treo 600. Is that what you mean by "autodownload"? It's working well for me now, which is why I ask....Thanks
  6.    #6  
    I mispoke (or mistyped). I meant to say that the notification portion of the push process is working much faster for me, but the entire push has never worked properly for me. I receive the SMS alert but am not getting the messages populated into the BC client without doing a manual sync.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Rant, I feel your pain-- on an average night, I usually get about 60 email messages overnight. Most of those I don't need, but usually around 10 will need replies when I get into the office. Additionally, I'll get another 10-20 driving into work which I will also need to deal with.

On my blackberry, I can just kill them from the device, making it easy to see new messages coming in, but the messages will still be there when I get into work. It's annoying to have to keep a message I don't need on the mobile device just so I can deal with it later.

It's my understanding that the goodlink service does the same thing-- it's a pure sync, not just a push... Maybe they'll make this an option for us advanced users
    Originally posted by jsabo
    Rant, I feel your pain-- on an average night, I usually get about 60 email messages overnight. Most of those I don't need, but usually around 10 will need replies when I get into the office. Additionally, I'll get another 10-20 driving into work which I will also need to deal with.

On my blackberry, I can just kill them from the device, making it easy to see new messages coming in, but the messages will still be there when I get into work. It's annoying to have to keep a message I don't need on the mobile device just so I can deal with it later.

jsabo - I'm confused... you said it was annoying to keep the message so you have to deal with it later. Just to be clear BC does not do this as once you delete it on the device and the next sync occurs (manually or via a push) it will remove those from your Inbox so you won't see them when you get to work and have to deal with them yet again. I have the same MO in that I quickly get rid of the spam before work or on the way to work and sync along the way so I can get to my desk and just deal with the real email.

It seems rant's usage model is different and thus needs option to not delete them from the server.