Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I've called Pentopia and they don't have a specific item and they don't know if the universal fits. Have anyone found one? or is willing to try one out? The universal looks like it may fit.

http://www.pentopia.com/chameleon.htm#Cham_One
    I doubt that a 'universal' stylus will fit as the new T600 stylus is quite a bit thinner. The folks at StylusCentral usually have every decent stylus out there. That said, getting a pen refill into this one might be a challenge. Why not e-mail them and ask to see if they are working on one.

www.styluscentral.com
    Funny, I contacted StylusCentral just a few days ago regarding this exact thing. I currently have their 2 in 1 stylus pen for my Treo (made to fit the 180/270/300) and wanted one for the 600 I will hopefully be getting soon. I got a response from Stylus Central stating that a compatible version is in development. No availability date was given.
    There is a Pen/Stylus that works, oddly enough, it's from Microsoft. I bought it from a Staples office supply. It fits a little tighter than the original stylus but after a few days of use it is about as easy to slide out as the original. The top slides in flush with the top of the unit just like the original.

The only negative of this Pen/Stylus is that the reset pin won't work. It is too short to reach the Treo reset button but that hasn't been a problem since I've had programs that reset the 600 far too much anyway. I'll just carry a paper clip in my wallet if I ever need to reset.

Having a pen handy has been one of the most valuable features and it ranks right up there with the phone and PDA. I need and use the pen far more than the camera or any of the other fancy features. The pen also writes with excellent quality.

A 3-pack of Pen/Stylus is 14.99 so that's about 5.00 each.

The UPC code on the package is 7 22868 49661 9.
    Microsoft Windows Mobile 3-in-1 Stylus

It is for the iPAQ h1910 and h1945 series but it works in the Treo 600.
    AirJesus.com
    "A Website to Lift The Soul"
    This is what I received from Styluscentral.com:

"Regarding your question for the 600 treo stylus. We are currently working on this now. If they do become available, it would be probably at the beginning of the year. Please check our website every so often since we are constantly making changes and adding products. Thank you."

But the 3-pack mentioned by "nbronner" sounds pretty good. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the info nbronner.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    happen to have the Staples stock number (SKU)? I am unable to locate this item on their site...

Thanks,
    M
    Originally posted by nbronner
    There is a Pen/Stylus that works, oddly enough, it's from Microsoft. I bought it from a Staples office supply...
    Great find nbronner! I'm heading over to Staples tomorrow to check them out.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Be careful you don't make your Treo 600 hole too loosey goozy and then all other proper styluses will just swim in there !!! (!!)

(You know the feeling)
    Originally posted by mgauss
    Be careful you don't make your Treo 600 hole too loosey goozy and then all other proper styluses will just swim in there !!! (!!)

(You know the feeling)
    Never had that problem...

Here is the link for the stylus http://www.sfplanet.com/index.cfm/fu.../9097/id/62294

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Does the ballpoint pen tip come out like most pens by pressing, or clicking, the end? Or does it have a cover you need to pull off? It looks like it has a cover.
    The pen has a cover that you pull off.
    AirJesus.com
    Picked up a pack the other day from Staples. $14.99 as advertised. Pen works really well. It is indeed a snug fit and it's tough to take out sometimes as the top is obviously not made to fit flush with the T600's body. But all in all, it's a good holdover until something is made specifically for the T600. Actually used it today to write down flight schedules that I looked up using Blazer. Very handy!
    It's gets easier to remove after a few days plus you'll get the hang of it. I've had a Sony P800 and that stylus was far trickier for me to remove than this one is. At least you won't have to worry about it falling out by accident.

I used a Pentopia Chameleon for the Palm m100 with the Treo 180. That stylus/pen actually stuck out of the 180 about 1/2" but it made it super easy to remove the stylus. It didn't look as good, but it was super easy to remove. I ditched the pen/stylus specifically made for the 180 and stayed with that one simply because I used the pen/stylus a lot and could get it out super easy with it already sticking out.

On a whim, I just took the cap off of the Pentopia m100 stylus/pen and tried it on the Microsoft one. The cap snaps on perfectly but the stylus now sticks out about as high as the antenna because the cap is fatter and doesn't slide in the hole at all.

It pulls out super easy though. Virtually no friction. This lets me know that it is not so much the tight fit but the lack of a good grip that makes it a little harder to pull out.

It looks like rabbit ears and it won't fit in the case but it sure makes the stylus easy to remove. The original Treo 600 stylus was also a little difficult for me to remove but that may be because I was already used to the stylus sticking out of the 180.

Maybe I will keep it on and just tell people it's a multi-network multi-antenna phone.

The classic battle of form vs function.
    AirJesus.com
    It's not the barrel of the Microsoft stylus/pen that makes it fit
    snug. It's the cap. The snap on cap is slightly wider and it does not have as large a lip as the factory stylus. That is what increases the removal difficulty.
    AirJesus.com
    I purchased the above mentioned pen/stylus combo and was loving it until I did something stupid. I pulled it out to use it the other day, and the cap came off, but the stylus stayed in the T600. Now I can't get the stupid thing out. I've tried tweasers, tiny pliers, but it's just stuck in there. Am I an ***** or what? Does anyone know of ANY tool that would enable me to pull that littl pen out of the T600?
    HELP!
    CB
    Once you've exhausted every other option you can think of and you've gotten truly good and desparate, do what they do in the E.R. when a kid gets a unpopped popcorn kernel stuck in his ear.

Take a long-stemmed cotton swab or some other long skinny stick that will fit down the silo. Put some crazy glue on the end of the stick and put it down the silo until it engages with the stuck stylus down there. Now for the important part - do NOT try to pull out the stylus until the crazy glue has had TIME TO SET. it needs to have dried and fully bonded for this to work.

Once the cotton swab/stick has bonded to the silo, you ought to be able to pull it out if you're careful and don't twist/bend and break the seal.

Good luck.
    Great, so now the guy will have a stylus AND a cotton swap stuck to his treo. heh.
    I was so desperate I actually thought about trying that.
    my brother took the inside of a regular pen (the plastic part that holds the ink) and turned it upside down and slid it over the top of my stuck pen. it fit just snug enough to pull it right out. Needless to say I will be much more careful from here on out.
    CB
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    uh someone post a pic! i know you all have digicams!
    if the replacement stylus (mentioned above) for the iPAQ 19xx fits right into the Treo 600, does anyone know if the PDA Panache stylus for the 19xx will work? for more info, see http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=IPQ19&S=3
    i know it doesn't have an included pen & the pin probably won't hit the reset button on the Treo, but will it fit into the slot on my Treo 600?
    Any assistance is most appreciated!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast