Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Chatter is up on the website - i'm about to request a password - here's hoping it's as good as everyone says.

i'm hoping i can unzip the package, drop the files on my server and browse to them to install since my hotsync cable is at home..
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    That should work, but in case it does not you also should be able to email them to your 600 and install them from the email (at least using SnapperMail I can). Just an extra thought.

Keith
    Also works on Aileron email program.
    Why does Chatter require it's own username and password, htat have to be e-mailed?

I've never seen any other unified IM, such as Trillian, have such a requirement.
  5.    #5  
    i imagine chatter has their own server that acts as a proxy so all messages from and to us go via this server - the username and password control access to this server.

i'm hoping they'll add in the jabber protocol at some stage
    tried to email for my password, etc, the email was returned as follows:

The original message was received at Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:53:08 -0600
    from mail.city.new-orleans.la.us [77.1.30.3] (may be forged)

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <chatsw@mailcan.com&subject=New Chatter Account>
    (reason: 550 Host unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    550 5.1.2 <chatsw@mailcan.com&subject=New Chatter Account>... Host unknown (Name server: mailcan.com&subject=new.chatter.account: host not found)

Anyone know what's up?
    I've been getting lots of mail this morning, as recently as 5 minutes ago. Maybe my host thinks I'm being spammed!

As has been suggested above, Chatter uses a proxy IM server which requires an account.

Marc

p.s. opensoar - Chatter is a Jabber client in its heart of hearts.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ido-

For some reason your mail client did not separate the email address and subject as it should have. Simply send an email to "chatsw@mailcan.com" with the information and this should resolve your problem.

Keith

<EDIT>

There was a typo with the link that your mail program discovered and this has been corrected on the www.imchatter.com website.
    Last edited by peridoc; 11/14/2003 at 01:47 PM.
    Marc,

E-mailed you a number of days ago about getting set-up with username/password... No reply...to date. Should I just send another one?

Matt
    Matt -

Sorry about that, man. I stopped taking Betas when I tried creating release candidates... Send me the info and I'll get you going asap.

Marc
    Marc -

No prob. I'll be sending two this evening...one for myself, one for wifey.

Keep up the great work!

Matt
  12.    #12  
    glad to hear it's using jabber marc - any reason for not supporting the native jabber protocol?
    Probably I didn't think there was demand for it (which you can read to mean that I don't use it)... I'm open to considering most things, though.

Marc
  14.    #14  
    understood - i guess it's not nearly as popular as the others - i use it at work though so it'd be really useful if i could use it for both work and friends/family communication.
    Obviously, it should be easy to do, since Jabber is Chatter's native language, so to speak. I'll look into it...
    Loved the screenshot on this program

ROTFLMAO
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Well I just downloaded chatter while on an Amtrak train heading up to NYC from DC.

As soon as my account comes in I'll give it a whirl.

Gotta love technology!

-A
    In order to get basic imap and smtp mail functionality, do I need to have an account, or does that account just manage my IM traffic? I'm still anxiously awaiting my account ID, since it's different than how the manual describes it, and the push IMAP isn't running yet. Thinking it's because I'm not talking to Chatter's server yet...looking great so far!
  19.    #19  
    had a couple of soft-resets here but mostly works really well - chatting with friends now on yahoo...

i'm tied up here at work but plan to sit down tonight with the manual and try everything.

i'm hoping i can import my yahoo contacts list rather than adding them all manually - when you log on to yahoo, your client gets a list of them so it should be possible right.

nice work marc.
    Well, let me know if you're really getting resets. Chatter has been VERY stable lately, but now that more users are on board, the possibility of conflicts might be more likely to arise.

Marc
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast