Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    this seemed a like a great software to add on, however, i am primarly an AIM user. and since we cannot (yet) upload our buddy list on to chatter, i'll be sticking to verichat for now. i hope to come back to chatter when it is further developed though. however, good work marc and keep it goin!
    inspecta - If you don't change your frequently contacted "buddies" too often, you might be able to get past this problem. Since mostly it's a setup issue, and you can always add buddies "on the fly" (as messages come in from them), it's not as "bad" as it sounds. I know that for me (and yes, I have AIM buddies too), the advantages of using Chatter (the 98% of the time) outweighs the small amount of time I spend adding and deleting contacts. But ... obviously it's a matter of personal choice.

Marc
    I signed up, got my Name and Password but when I go to the IM Server to plug in the two, I'm getting this message:

"An account with the name "geekymom" and password _______ does not seem to exist."

Mark, could you or someone help me, I miss my SMS.

Thanks,

M.

P.S. I did notice when I copied the Password from the email from Chatter and placed it in the IM Server box it buts a box behind the password. I copied it because I don't know how to create the underscore "_" symbol that is in my password on the Treo.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by GeekyMom
    I signed up, got my Name and Password but when I go to the IM Server to plug in the two, I'm getting this message:

"An account with the name "geekymom" and password _______ does not seem to exist."

... snip ...

P.S. I did notice when I copied the Password from the email from Chatter and placed it in the IM Server box it buts a box behind the password. I copied it because I don't know how to create the underscore "_" symbol that is in my password on the Treo.
    Sounds like it copied out one character wrong. I still only have a 270 but on my treo, just press the key for '-', then the '...' key. A drop down will appear and you can choose the '_', underscore character. Try that to re-input your name and password. Hopefully, that will solve your problem.
    Originally posted by GeekyMom

Mark, could you or someone help me, I miss my SMS.

Thanks,

M.

It was doing this after a server change. Did you download the new version of the software? It fixed the problem for me.
    Thanks Laurie,

I'm using the 1.0.2 version.

BTW, For Symbols here are the "Treo for Dummies" instructions (for folks like me)

Getting the symbols on the TREO:

1. Press the silver button + S (will get a dash symbol "-")
    2. Then press the number 0 to get drop down bar with the symbols.

Thanks again Keith and Letsgoflyers81 for the 411!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Marc, the ONLY problem I am experiencing is when switching from Verichat to Chatter. There are times (seems like most of the time) when the "re-set servers" option does not want to reset the servers. Several attempts are needed before it becomes active.

If you can do the "pounce" feature, then Verichat's gone from my Treo.

Ben

Originally posted by mblank
    Well, let me know if you're really getting resets. Chatter has been VERY stable lately, but now that more users are on board, the possibility of conflicts might be more likely to arise.

Marc
    A big thank you to Keith for assisting me with my set up of Chatter. You don't always get quick, committed customer service with app questions and problems and I can say that Chatter has been great with helping me to be able to use the product and Chat!

Mellanese

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123