Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    will do - i'll try to list the steps i took to cause the reset too.

i'm unable to send messages via the yahoo protocol right now - is there a problem your end ?

i've reset my treo, restarted the application several times - all i see for my yahoo contact is 'IM' with a line through it at the top and the red Yahoo logo Y! in red with Unavailable next to it.

I just checked with my regular jabber client and yahoo seems fine.
    Yahoo and MSN Messenger contacts can be imported in Chatter 1.0; ICQ and AIM cannot.

Marc
    Marc...

please don't tell us there are actually human(s) answering those emails to set up accounts. It seems like it since it takes so long to get a password up and going on this. this thread got me all hyped about it and i've been waiting for a password for like about 4 hours. argh.
    I'm not claiming to be entirely human, but yes, I am multitasking between my "day job", errands, and Chatter. The process is a bit tedious, but it will improve.

Believe me, you will appreciate the human if and when issues come up!

Marc
    Marc (or anyone else),

do you know how much data is sent to and from the Treo 600 using GPRS, say if the message (or rather a chat session) itself is 1kb (what I mean is how much additional data bandwith/usage is used for connection purposes)?
    Here in Norway (and I think also the rest of Europe) GPRS is kind of expensive (on my plan it's approx. $12/Mb per month), so it would be nice to know...
    Of course, I could check the GPRS meter myself (I'm guessing the Treo 600 has that like my Tungsten W did?) but I'm still waiting for the customs to release it to me...

Best regards,
    Christopher
    Honestly, I don't think Chatter is a good solution with an expensive data plan like this. It would not shock me for a user with heavy IM and/or email use to run up 10MB/month (mostly text/data, rather than overhead, but still...)

Good luck.

Marc
    marc,
    still working on those passwords?
    I just want to make sure my email got to you, since I was having trouble sending it earlier today.
    thanks!
    p.s. can't wait!
    I've been inundated with work, Chatter admin, support, etc. I've gotten around 40 people set up, maybe a few more. I'm way behind. Sorry, I'm working on it...

Marc
    Why are you doing it all by yourself. As smart and crafty as some of the people in this forum are, seems to me someone would be more than willing to help you out. GET SOME HELP!

Outstanding app by the way... Keep it up!
    just out of curiosity, how many people signed up?
    opensoar: IM with a line through it means the server is down (which it was for about 20 minutes earlier).

ido: I set up 45 accounts today (sigh). I'd guess there are at least 50 more requests to be done.

-m
    human interaction is great customer service.

However, as crafty as you are, setting up an automated email response with randomly generated passwords would probably help you out a lot more.
    Originally posted by mblank
    opensoar: IM with a line through it means the server is down (which it was for about 20 minutes earlier).

ido: I set up 45 accounts today (sigh). I'd guess there are at least 50 more requests to be done.

-m
    I would imagine someone smart enough to create an application such as Chatter could create an automated sign-up system, no?
    I read somewhere you cannot get incoming calls while chatter is working in the background - true?? great app so far...
    Not really true. You can get calls in as long as Chatter isn't sending something at the exact moment that the Treo is using the network connection (same with Blazer, incidentally..).

Chatter is not, well, "chatty" when you're not actively IMing.
    Last edited by JoeTampa; 11/15/2003 at 02:42 PM.
    still waiting on that email reply with my password from 11:30 this morning...
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    They are all coming...trust me. It can take up to 24 hours to get the email back and remember that Marc is working on the weekend for everyone.

Keith
    marc,thanks for the quick response; I know you're inundated with requests. got a problem, though. I put in my username and password, but the top right corner says not connected in red. it went to a purple im for a few seconds, but then the red not connected message reappeared. what am i doing wrong???
    thanks
    The IM server appears to be down at the moment; growing pains, I suspect. I will check into it right now.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    The server appears to be back up and running now.

FYI, Marc has a Treo 600 Blazer optimized server status webpage that also includes the latest version information (good to help keep up with the latest and greatest) located at:

http://www.imchatter.com/serverstatus.shtml

Keith
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast