1.    #1  
    So, the info at ecost.com on the irock! unit indicate it xmits on (only) one of 4 "preset" freqs. Is this indeed the case? ie one cannot tune it to any other than one of those four freqs?

with respect to the TuneCase unit, the ecost.com info doesn't explicitly say whether it is tunable to any freq or is preset or whatever -- but it does imply that it is tunable to any freq. Does anyone know for sure about this unit?

Oh, and fwiw, at ecost.com, both of these gizmos are < $30 each.

mobileuser
    Originally posted by mobileuser
    So, the info at ecost.com on the irock! unit indicate it xmits on (only) one of 4 "preset" freqs. Is this indeed the case? ie one cannot tune it to any other than one of those four freqs?

with respect to the TuneCase unit, the ecost.com info doesn't explicitly say whether it is tunable to any freq or is preset or whatever -- but it does imply that it is tunable to any freq. Does anyone know for sure about this unit?

Oh, and fwiw, at ecost.com, both of these gizmos are < $30 each.

mobileuser
    The Belkin TuneCast has 4 selectable frequencies: 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, 88.7. It's a switch on the side that has four positions. The swtich is easy to feel and switch w/o looking (good when you start to get interference on one channel while driving). I picked mine up at BestBuy for $30. It was with all the iPod accessories.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the info. It seems the irock! and the Belkin units have the same selectable 4 freqs.

I seem to recall some unit targeted at iPods that had more selectability wrt freqs used. Don't recall its name.

mobileuser