Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21  
    Originally posted by Infomofo
    Two thoughts on this thread:

    1) Why is everyone waiting for the T-Mobile version? Is everyone (like me) waiting for either number portability or TMo support due to a loyalty to a phone number, or are there problems with Cingular service?
    Waiting for t-mo:

    1) lack of trust thatg t-mo will fixx a cingular model.
    2) waiting an additional wont kll anyone.

    cant use cingular/att because of the data plans. they are nuts.

    if number portability was available when sprint released theirs, i would have jumped.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2. #22  
    I live in Houston as well, how do you find the reception on your treo. Any areas where you've had problems?
    Sorry Winebrat, I was just visiting but while I was there I had excellent reception and faster GPRS (it seemed) that here in Memphis. I mostly stayed west of the loop (westheimer & kirkwood area) I did travel around quite a bit downtown and back and forth to Hobby and Bush but never lost full reception. Look forward to returning, really like Houston, one thing I liked in particular was the starbucks on the corner of kirkwood and westheimer, great coffee and a super fast tmobile hotspot.

    TD
  3. #23  
    Originally posted by Tourdewolf


    one thing I liked in particular was the starbucks on the corner of kirkwood and westheimer, great coffee and a super fast tmobile hotspot.

    TD
    Houston is a really cool town and I know just the starbucks you speak of- and yes, very fast hotspot.
  4. #24  
    An employee at a T-Mobile store in my city (Phoenix, Arizona) says it will "be available on November 22nd, but the store might not get it in until the following Tuesday".
  5. #25  
    That's what I just heard as well from TMo email support. I was real clear with them and asked if they were just offering support of the actual phone. The first said support but when I was transferred to someone else (don't know why) they stated the 22nd. I hope it's true. BTW, they're not taking any preorders.
  6. #26  
    Originally posted by winebrat
    That's what I just heard as well from TMo email support. I was real clear with them and asked if they were just offering support of the actual phone. The first said support but when I was transferred to someone else (don't know why) they stated the 22nd. I hope it's true. BTW, they're not taking any preorders.
    When you say they're not taking any preorders, I assume you mean they'll be taking no orders before the 22nd. Or does this mean that when I order on the 22nd, it'll go out next day???

    I sure hope so!
  7. #27  
    Originally posted by tommygreen

    When you say they're not taking any preorders, I assume you mean they'll be taking no orders before the 22nd. Or does this mean that when I order on the 22nd, it'll go out next day???

    I sure hope so!
    Indeed, TMo will not take any orders (according to them) until the 22nd- and as far as the actually delivery, I'm not sure. I'll ask next time. I hope they don't pull the same crap that Cingular did, take orders for two weeks and then ship on the 17th (we'll see).

    I asked if I could be put on some kind of waiting list/pre-order form and they said no. The only thing that seems a little strange is that the 22nd is on a Saturday. Hopefully by next week some of us can get a more detailed answer.

    What sucks is I have an order with BLT for an unlocked GSM and according to their web site, the "ETA" (ETA for them to receive the phone from HS) is 11/21. I'm sure the BLT price is higher than TMo's. We'll see. I hope TMo comes through and saves me some $.
  8. #28  
    **I received this message from TMo moments ago:


    "Thank you for your reply.

    We are hoping to sell this device beginning November 22nd. At this time, we are already supporting the device if you have one.

    If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

    Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.
    Sincerely,"
  9. #29  
    Interesting. On a Saturday. Have any of your exchanges with TMo mentioned purchase channel? I do want that loyalty discount!
  10. #30  
    Originally posted by tommygreen
    Interesting. On a Saturday. Have any of your exchanges with TMo mentioned purchase channel? I do want that loyalty discount!
    I want the discount too. I just emailed again about the purchase channel (phone vs. online). I'll post the response.
  11. #31  
    Just got this response from TMo:

    "You're welcome. We are more than happy to assist you at any time.

    At this time, we are not taking pre-orders for the Handspring 600. However, this should be available at local T-Mobile sales offices, as well as through our upgrade program. It may not be available through the upgrade program till early December.

    If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

    Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.
    Sincerely,

    T-Mobile USA, Inc."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions