1.    #1  
    Ok, so based upon some other post herein, I checked out ecost.com and they had some 256mb Lexar 32x xfer rate SD cards on sale (1 per customer) for $74 each (then there's a hidden $4 handling, shipping (I did overnight for $10; it's free if you can wait for surface mail), and they charged CA sales tax (sigh) = ~$93 ttl).

Anyway, I jammed it in my T600 and it seems to like it fine and it didn't appear to fry anything.

just fyi.

mobileuser
    Be patient. I remember waiting for deals and snagged a 256MB SanDisk from Dell for $45 shipped.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by emair
    Be patient. I remember waiting for deals and snagged a 256MB SanDisk from Dell for $45 shipped.
    Cool. But was it the 32x speed variety? I wanted the speed and so realized I was paying a premium for it, so to speak (and I'm traveling internationally tomorrow and wanted my T600 primed and ready to go for the trip). But overall given all the other pokin' around I'd done, the $78 for the 32x 256MB uniit was a "decent" deal.

Now since I have > 0 tunes on the T600, I'm going to sit tight for a 2GB unit to replace it.

mobileuser