Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I keep mine on my belt.

I guess if you put it in anything that presses the case against the phone that would happen, but its not a flaw in the case design. Not saying you ever said it was a flaw, but I wanted to point that out for anyone considering this case.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    We're adding them to our website this weekend and expect them in stock by the end of the week. They will be $49.95.

Larry
    At $54.95 plus shipping ($8.30 for UPS ground) and backordered now until 1/9/04, I think direct from the manufacturer is the way to go.
    We originally listed them at $49.95, sold a bunch, then got hit a week later with US import duties plus UPS' "customs handling" fee of $25 which killed most the profit so we had to raise the price $5.

Just keep in mind that when you order directly from Piel Frama you will be charged US Import Duties PLUS $25 by UPS for handling the customs part.

Our next shipment is due in on Thursday.

Larry
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    Just keep in mind that when you order directly from Piel Frama you will be charged US Import Duties PLUS $25 by UPS for handling the customs part.
    Really? No one has mentioned this. For those of you who ordered a case from PF, could you please comment on this?
    Just recently purchased a case for my Treo direct from Piel Frama and only paid the listed price of 60 euros, converted into US dollars. No other fees as of yet...I expect it to be delivered tomorrow.
    You don't pay it the manufacturer. UPS will collect it at the time of delivery unless you have a UPS account in which case they bill it to your account.

Larry
    Thats gonna be a nasty surprise . I'll post what happens when it arrives....
    shipping is included in the price of the case you do not have to pay when it is delivered

Fred
    Fred - Did you actually order the case from Piel Frama? I know that their website says shipping is included, but it does also have a statement about not including import taxes and duties for 'some' countries.

I'll find out shortly!
    FYI...Styluscentral.com has the black case at $49.99 with free shipping. I've had mine for about 3 weeks and I am happy with it.

http://www.styluscentral.com/pifrlecafort.html

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Just had my Piel Frama delivered to my house without any additional charge from UPS.

My most recent case, as well as an earlier visor case, were both delivered to my door at no extra charge when ordered directly from Piel Frama for 60 euros.

(Which works out to about $74...)
    I am anxiously waiting on my case from dpcomputerstore.com. I placed my order on 1/4/03. HOPEFULLY they will be available on 1/9/04.

$64 with 3-day UPS shipping (still cheaper than the manufactor)
    Originally posted by lmelamed Just keep in mind that when you order directly from Piel Frama you will be charged US Import Duties PLUS $25 by UPS for handling the customs part.
    Originally posted by lmelamed You don't pay it the manufacturer. UPS will collect it at the time of delivery unless you have a UPS account in which case they bill it to your account.
    That's not what happened to me. I payed 60 euros, which included shipping. It came via UPS Express shipping. That was almost a month ago and I've never been billed for anything else.

UPS left it at my door. I don't have an account with them.
    I import quite a bit with my business. UPS is not going to collect customs fees on smaller orders. I suspect that treo600world got a large shipment which would trigger the customs charges. I think the limit is $400. Before 9/11 some of my USPS shipments would not have duty applied. Sometimes the bigger ones slipped through while the smaller ones got charged.
    The case direct from Piel Frama is 60 Euros AND THAT IS IT!!! There are no extra fees. Do not believe Larry Melamed (posting ID lmelamed).

I ordered direct from Piel Frama and was shipped my case via UPS Express for the flat fee of 60 Euros!

Look at the numerous post in this thread from Larry Melamed and the recent lies where he says you'll pay extra fees later! Is that the kind of person you want to do business with? A man who will stoop to posting on a message board for free advertising? A man who lies about his case supplier? I know I'll NEVER do business with him!

If there were extra fees don't you think several posters would have mentioned it by now? Notice no one but LARRY is saying that lie!

The more Larry posts, the HAPPIER I am that I did not do business with him!!!!
    I have ordered two PF cases. Both were delivered within 3 days with no hidden or extra fees. Also, customer service has been great.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    okay, i'm the mo'on that order from dpcomputers.com to save a few bucks but i came to my senses. i cancelled that order a few days ago, order from the manufactor, and it's scheduled to be delivered today, 1/9/04. when i placed the order with dpcomputerstore.com, it was backordered until 1/9/04 and now until 1/14/04. a savings of about $10 is just not worth waiting all freakin' year for a case to finally ship.

thank you all for showing me the way.
    got my case today (1/9/04) after placing the order on 1/6/04. i am very impressed with the quality of the case and even more happier that i canceled my order with dpcomputerstore.com.

now i feel as if my treo 600 is fully protected in case i accidently drop it or rub up against something. the treo form fit case exposed the front of the treo too much for my taste.
    Piel Frama owners:

Can someone tell me how easy it is to remove the knob/button thing that slides into the clip? Is it simple enough to put on and take off daily -- like on the belt in the morning for work, but take off later for throwing into my jacket pocket?

How far does the knob stick out from the back of the case?

Thanks!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast