Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I sent Ruben an email with pictures regarding the fit problems I had with my cdma phone. He completely agreed with me and told me he would send me out a new one that has been modified. Well I received the new one today, a whole 3 days later from Spain no less. It is perfect. The front speaker hole has been enlarged to accomodate the bump. Also, I think the 2.5mm jack hole has been modified as well b/c it lines up perfectly now. Wow, what a difference.

This is the perfect case, from a classy company. Bravo.
    Now I have two cases, one for gsm and another for cdma (he didn't want me to send the other one back )
    Originally posted by treosome
    The front speaker hole has been enlarged to accomodate the bump. Also, I think the 2.5mm jack hole has been modified as well b/c it lines up perfectly now. Wow, what a difference.
    Can you post some pics of your new modified case?
    tr30,
    compare this to the previous pictures that I attached.
    SJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here's one of the earphone jack.

Is there a way to attach more than one pic at one time?
    SJ
    Here's one of the earphone jack.
    Thanks for the pics, treosome. Now I'm thinking about exchanging my Piel Frama case also. I don't really have a problem with the speaker part, just the 2.5mm jack hole (which my case does not fully clear it). I always gotta stretch the hole a bit just to attach my headphones.

Hopefully I get the same deal as you.
    Ruben replied about my problems this morning
    Regarding the Knob
    "The new knobs we are using are completely round, anyway, you can use the key we have sent you to coil it on the case. It is not a real problem. We changed the knob and we have to change now the key but you can use that key."
    Regarding the Fit
    "It is really difficult that the leather looses more. Anyway, if in any case the leather looses more and the leather case does not fit perfectly your model, do not worry that we will send you a new case in perfect conditions."
    Regarding GSM/GPRS vs CDMA
    "To be honest, we didnīt know that there were two different Treo 600 models. Anyway, we have made a very slightly modification and now our leather cases fit perfectly both models."

I've asked for a replacement case.

Treosome - Your tan replacement looks great! I take it your new case doesn't have that orange tinge you wrote about earlier?
    I got my case today direct from Piel Frama.

I agree that Piel Frama is all class! They sent it in a UPS Express packet (marked "Extremely Urgent"). The packaging is very professional and classy. It comes in a very nice box with tissue paper fluff .

It fits my Sprint Treo 600 great!
    Now I have two cases, one for gsm and another for cdma (he didn't want me to send the other one back )
    I just got the same deal as you, treosome. A new modified case is on its way to my front door. Ruben's the man!
    Right on tr30,

You just simply cannot go wrong with piel frama. Now I'm looking around my office to see if anything else needs a cover .
    Blue,
    The color is slightly darker. I still would prefer the all black, but I'm actually growing attached to the tan/black

Also, the new metal clip/knob w/o the ridges is actually better imo. It's flatter so it sits closer to the hip.
    Treosome, Thanks for the input. My replacement is coming! They wouldn't take my old case back either.

Ruben has allways been kind, respectful and attentive. Really unusual these days. Sent extra cudo's to his manager.

Also added this comment "Personally, I hope Piel Frama will demand the very same standards of their new distributors in the United States."

Piel Frama's customer service is a tough act to follow.
    And if you think you'll get that kind of treatment from a discount seller, stop lying to yourself .

Paying that extra expense to buy direct from Piel Frama has its proven benefits .
    No arguement there. Your preach'in to the choir
    I must admit I was skeptical about the quality of cell phone and PDA cases in general--until I received my Piel Frama case.

This case (for the Sprint Treo 600) could have had a Gucci label on it as the quality is nearly that good.

BTW, has anybody ever bought any of Piel Frama's other leather products? I've never heard of Piel Frama until I needed a Treo case.
    Originally posted by TR30
    I'm actually thinking about making my own hole after I post this message.
    Oops... did I not show this thread my solution to the auto-answer problem? My bad. Here ya go...
    I just got my case from treo600world and it's really nice. Green and red box is classy. Only minor fit issue is the case covers the tippy bottom of the lower volume side button.

I'm going to first try to hollow out a relief on the inside of the cover before boring all the way through (for the space bar).

The magnetic clasp is phat!
    tr30, that's some crafty work. What did u use to cut out the hole? And did u do any type of cauterizing to the edges? U know ur next project should be to cut out the screen portion and replace it w/ transparent plastic. I'll try it. why not? I've got two
    tr30, that's some crafty work. What did u use to cut out the hole? And did u do any type of cauterizing to the edges? U know ur next project should be to cut out the screen portion and replace it w/ transparent plastic. I'll try it. why not? I've got two
    I used this tool that looks like one of them paper hole punchers, but it's made for punching holes on tougher material, like leather belts and stuff. It actually worked out great for me. Now my pockets no longer answers my calls for me.

You read my mind! I'm actually thinkin' about creating a window for my case. That means I gotta sacrifice my SD pockets. Hmm... oh well, I got two also, I'll give it shot!
    Hmmm. Can't say I've had any problems with the space bar being hit by my case to answer calls. I've got no holes cut and my case has never hit the space bar to answer a call. I've heard of that issue with other cases, but I've never had the problem with my case I got direct from Piel Frama.
    Originally posted by darnell
    Hmmm. Can't say I've had any problems with the space bar being hit by my case to answer calls. I've got no holes cut and my case has never hit the space bar to answer a call. I've heard of that issue with other cases, but I've never had the problem with my case I got direct from Piel Frama.
    Do you clip yours to your belt? Or do you keep it in your pocket? I can see how you won't get the auto answer problem if it's clipped to your belt. But I keep mine in my pocket and my Piel Frama case is constantly pressing against the space bar while I'm walking around or sitting down.

Now that I created a peep hole for my space bar, the auto answer problem is no longer an issue to me.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast