Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks Derek,
    Wow what a difference. I will ask for the black replacement just to be sure. I do recommend the all black. The tan, it turns out, looks more like orange.
    SJ
    I ordered one of these and it wasnt quite what I wanted. The massive belt clip bolt on the back made it very difficult to keep in a pocket.
    I used to have a 'wallet' case for an old Palm V which was a 'book' design and space for cash & cards, this would be perfect for the treo 600 as it would be the only thing i would need to carry around
  3.    #63  
    davinder - not sure if you're aware, but the belt clip bolt is removable - just twist it or use the little spanner that came with the case.

Having said that, if you alternate often between wearing it on your belt, or in your pocket then this would still be an issue.
    --
    Sideshowbob
    Just received my black Piel Frama today. Looks and fits great on my Sprint T600. But the only issue is the auto-answering problem that some of you guys have been talking about. When my phone is in the pockets of my pants and I'm walking around or sitting down, it's putting pressure on the flap of my case, which causes it to push against the space bar key. My pocket have already auto-answered a few calls today.

I think Piel Frama should've put some kind of horizontal indentation or hole on the back of the flap where it touches the space bar key, so no matter how much force you press against the flap, it won't auto-answer your calls. I'm actually thinking about making my own hole after I post this message.

Other than that, I love this case!
    I purchased a Piel Frama case via their web site. Yes, the price is about $70 (US), but this price includes incredibly fast international shipping. I got mine in only 2.5 days. Wow!!!

I ordered the standard black case. The fit, and quality are incredible. The case is designed so that you have access to all the Treo's features, without ever having to remove the case. They took into consideration the rear speaker, reset hole, camera, volume buttons, synchronization and headset.

In addition to having a fantastic product, the company representatives are very friendly and promptly return email questions.

I am not affiliated with Piel Frama in any way, but I think they make the best darn Treo 600 case on the market. Get one today and you will not be sorry.
    Ordered the Black and tan on Monday evening and received it this morning amazing how fast they ship from overseas.After seeing some other posts and pictures i thought i may have to return it, but once i got the case i knew this was a keeper the quality was the same as i came to expect from my past vaja cases.I have the sprint model and felt the top by the speaker buldge will be a problem but mine is not as bad as some of the pictures i saw.

Fred
    I ordered a black and tan PF case from Styluscentral.com. It arrived yesterday, and I'm not impressed.

1. The leather around the base does not fit the Treo 600 properly. It doesn't hold the base and it doesn't allow for plugging in your wireless handset.

2. Places where the leather is cut are literally painted to keep the leather color from showing through. Perhaps this isn't so bad, but it looks like a child with a pocket knife did the cutting. This sucks.

3. The belt clip is massive. I used to have an EB Prism Slipper which worked nicely. This clip and post, however, are so huge that they stick the Treo way out to the side, and it hangs very awkwardly.

4. Outside appearance of the case is very nice. It looks good, as long as you don't look too closely.

I'm going to return this case if Styluscentral.com will meet its 100% satisfaction guarantee -- I'm not satisfied at all.

Maybe I'll order the EB slipper, although the dual velcro attachments make me wonder. Anyone have thoughts on this? The other alternative is the Vaja Ivolution, which offers less protection, but might be the best alternative if they ever get the case released.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Got mine today, and I guess their quality control must not be consistent - because mine is perfect - I see no visible flaws in the leather, the stitching or the hole cuts.

I had a Krussel case for my 270, so Im quite accustommed to the clip sticking out quite a bit. This one might protrude slightly more.

The only problem I'm having is just "adjustment". I had gotten used to using my fingertip to click the screen when necessary, and the leather around the screen is in my way a bit. I imagine my fingers will adjust soon enough. I've had my 600 for about 2 weeks and I've already adjusted mostly to where the numbers and symbols have been moved to, so I imagine adjusting to another 1/8 of an inch or so to the screen will happen too.

Danita
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Brianp
    I ordered a black and tan PF case from Styluscentral.com. It arrived yesterday, and I'm not impressed.
    I am thinking about ordering this case and wonder if perhaps the cases sold by Styluscentral at a discount price are seconds. Has anyone else order theirs from them. Almost everyone who has orderd from Piel Frama direct seems very happy.

This would explain how Styluscentral can sell them so cheap.

-Dave
    Originally posted by dbregman I am thinking about ordering this case and wonder if perhaps the cases sold by Styluscentral at a discount price are seconds. Has anyone else order theirs from them. Almost everyone who has orderd from Piel Frama direct seems very happy.

-Dave
    Don't know about the "seconds" part, but recieved mine from the Piel Frama website yesterday. Ordered on the Sunday before. I got the All Tan. It's really quite Beautiful and didn't have the orange tinge that treosome mentioned. It's a very nice light/slightly dark brown.

I did have some problems with it.
    1)The Knob that came with the case is not the same as shown on the website. It is completely round, smooth and only removable with a screw driver. It does not have the 8 notches around the edge, yet I have the removal wrench, with the 8 notches, and 2 small plugs.
    [No biggy. I've asked for a replacement knob.]

2)The fit of the case for my Treo 600 (CDMA-Sprint) is not as solid or snug as I expected. The phone moves too easily within the case, especially from side-to-side. The bottom and also the top fan out wide and the middle is a loose fit. When I push it down for a solid fit in the bottom, then the ear speaker hole is too high. the bottom of the band covers the speaker. It looks like the case was made for a slightly larger phone. Being leather, I'm afraid that it will loosen more and not less with use.

3)The top enforced leather band that runs accross the raised ear speaker hole is not form fit, but it doesn't have the curl that I saw in those pictures.
    [Still no biggy, I think it will form fit itself with use.]

Observation: Since I placed my order, I noticed that they changed the ID of the T600 case on the website. It now says GSM/GPRS. It does not say CDMA or Sprint, which is the version I own. When I placed the order, it just said Treo 600.

I've e-mailed these issues to Piel Frama. Considering their Customer Service reputation, I'm really not worried it can't get resolved. This is absolutely the case for me. It's everything I want, just need to get some bugs worked out. It's worth it.

What's their response time? I e-mailed yesterday noon. Anyone received a response from them on the weekend?

Ordered some egrips in the meantime. Maybe that will fix the looseness problem.
    Originally posted by dbregman

I am thinking about ordering this case and wonder if perhaps the cases sold by Styluscentral at a discount price are seconds. Has anyone else order theirs from them. Almost everyone who has orderd from Piel Frama direct seems very happy.

-Dave
    I've been using my case ordered from Styluscentral for about 1 week now. The phone fits almost perfect in the case. I actually had to remove the Egrips I had ordered to use without the case. The only minor problem I've had is that I had to play with the hole for the headphones a bit the first few days. But this is leather and it is starting to fall into place. I asked them if they had plans to sell the tan case, but they said that they will only sell the black case.

I would think that the price difference accounts for the shipping.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    We're a Piel Frama reseller in the US. In response to the concern the case doesn't fit the CDMA version correctly, here is the answer I got Friday:

"We have modificated our current Treo 600 cases and now they fit both Treo 600 models."

We're adding them to our website this weekend and expect them in stock by the end of the week. They will be $49.95.

Larry
    Last edited by lmelamed; 12/13/2003 at 05:08 PM.
    Originally posted by dbregman

I ordered my Piel Frama from StylusCentral and it took 5 business days to arrive at my front door.
    I ordered direct from Piel Frama on 12/9 and they shipped mine out UPS express the very next day. I'm suppose to get it Monday 12/15/03. Of course you have to account for the fact there is a weekend in my delivery window.

From what I'm reading here I'm glad I got it direct from Piel Frama since I have a Sprint Treo 600.
    I don't know about StylusCentral's but ours are top rate. We're getting the news ons just off the line that fit the CDMA & GSM/GPRS models.

Don't forget one reason they're so high when ordering directly from Piel Frama is they're shipping them overseas. We're buying them in bulk and can offer them at a better price. We added them to our site today at http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/dept...._id=18-011-002

As with all other Treo 600 accessories, we're here to help you save money.

Larry
    Buying direct from Piel Frama I know it's done right the first time. No middlemen to deal with and can take any issues straight to the manufacturer. With things like cases that may be hit or miss at times I'd rather pay the extra expense.

Not to mention the cases on sale at Dream Pages are already backordered. As it says on the site "Backordered - Due 12/19" . I'll have my case tomorrow, while if I order from Dream Pages I'd probably have to wait till after Christmas.

lmelamed- How often have you tried actually advertising with Treocentral instead of using the "free ads via posting" route? Or do you pay Treocentral for the privilege of advertising on their message board? It's not like no one saw your previous post. Continually bugging me via replies about using you instead only makes me want to avoid Dream Pages.
    It says backordered because the cases are on the way to us now and should be here by the 19th at the latest. I only posted our link to save some people money. It's fine with me if you want to buy directly from them and pay more since you have to cover international shipping.

Larry
    I'll have mine tomorrow. MAYBE you'll have them for sale on the 19th .

And you didn't post the link to save anyone anything. You posted it TO LINE
    YOUR POCKETS!
    So Larry, does anyone from TreoCentral ever go over to your support forum and make shameless plugs for what they sell in the name of "saving people money"?
    Last edited by darnell; 12/14/2003 at 04:03 PM.
    Originally posted by darnell
    lmelamed- How often have you tried actually advertising with Treocentral instead of using the "free ads via posting" route? Or do you pay Treocentral for the privilege of advertising on their message board? It's not like no one saw your previous post. Continually bugging me via replies about using you instead only makes me want to avoid Dream Pages.
    Ditto. Thanks for the info, lmelamed. But no commercials, please.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast