Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks. No diss on the site intended -- It is really great. It's in my favorites, which is saying something ;-).

Help me out with something, though. When I view your site I'm unable to just "surf" to the pictures -- the browser wants to "download" them, and they end up resized very small, and aren't viewed through the browser, but through the jpeg application.

Is there a way to just navigate to the pictures through the browser, without "downloading" [and saving and resizing] them?
    Some pictures on the site are links to the actual image because they are intended to be downloaded and installed - like the wallpapers for example.

The pictures in the reviews section should not work that way since people would just like to view them and not download them so I have placed those images in separate html pages and linked them to the reviews accordingly.

In addition, I added a simple javascript link that allows readers to press the 0 button or click the "Return to article" text to be returned to the review.

I hope this makes things easier.

Best,
    Derek.
    Overall the case is good, but it's obvious that it was NOT designed for the Sprint treo. The bulge by the speaker forces the upper flap to lift about a centimeter off the device. This will not affect the usablility, but if you're like me and expected a glove-like fit, you will be disappointed. Also, I noticed many imperfections, e.g. burn marks near holes etc... I know that it's handmade and to be expected. Mine will be going on eBay soon.
    SJ
    Received my Bellagio case 2 weeks ago. Not bad for $20 but the relatively poor fit was annoying. I have been using the Piel Frama case for 4 days now. Overall a much better case ($70) but the bulge does cause a minor problem. Definitely not a glove fit. I have used many Vaja cases and those have always matched up perfectly. I am going to stick with PF because its the best I could find for immediate delivery.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    Originally posted by treosome
    Overall the case is good, but it's obvious that it was NOT designed for the Sprint treo. The bulge by the speaker forces the upper flap to lift about a centimeter off the device. This will not affect the usablility, but if you're like me and expected a glove-like fit, you will be disappointed. Also, I noticed many imperfections, e.g. burn marks near holes etc... I know that it's handmade and to be expected. Mine will be going on eBay soon.
    SJ
    I have to disagree. I just measured the distance that the leather lifts up because of the speaker bulge and it is 2 mm at best.

Our test unit had absolutely zero imprefections or "burn marks". I think treosome's experience is a completely isolated one.

When you sell it on eBay, please provide us with the auction link. Surely you'll be disclosing all the imperfections and burn marks to potential buyers - I'm interested in seeing what you're talking about.
    Considering that the PF case is leather (and I ordered one yesterday), is it reasonable to expect that the leather will form fit itself to the bulge with some use?
    Originally posted by Blue Merlin
    Considering that the PF case is leather (and I ordered one yesterday), is it reasonable to expect that the leather will form fit itself to the bulge with some use?
    I'm sure it will since the flip cover puts pressure on it whenever it's closed.

Regardless, this is a very minor issue.
    The piece of leather that covers the microphone portion is hardened leather, so it will take some serious effort to make it conform. Derek, I will post some pictures for you. And your right, it wasn't exactly 1 cm but upon exact measurement it was 3/4 cm. I will post some pics. Also, I'm assuming that all pf cases will have these "character" imperfections, being handmade and all. So that fact is actually a matter of taste... I'm wondering why does it seem to bother you so much that someone else might have a differing opinion from your thoughtful and articulate, albeit, subjective review? Maybe I'm gettting the wrong message.
    SJ
    Here's a side profile
    Attached Images Attached Images
    From the top
    And the small burnmark by the speakerhole. I may be picky but for $70 I can do without the "character" marks.
    Hard to tell where you mean. Looks like a small "chip?" scooped off the outside edge. Just left of the stitching. Is this what you're calling the burnmark?
    Blue,
    Yeah, it's a tiny mark. Overall it's a good case and the people at the company are very nice and prompt. My point is that it's not cdma specific, like vaja http://www.vajacases.com/home_en.html . Notice how vaja makes two cases: one for gsm and another for cdma. There's also a picture of the speaker part and you can clearly see the better fit.
    I'm sure the pf case will look and fit great on the gsm version. And if you're not picky like me, i'm sure you can get by with pf for your treo. Just not my cup of tea
    SJ
    Originally posted by treosome
    I'm wondering why does it seem to bother you so much that someone else might have a differing opinion from your thoughtful and articulate, albeit, subjective review? Maybe I'm gettting the wrong message.
    SJ
    You are getting the wrong message. Nothing I've said has come from any sort of emotional bias - everything I've said has been simply related to fact. I think you may be a little upset because I pointed out that something you said was not completely factual. Maybe that makes it seem as if I don't like your opinion, but I'm not really addressing your opinion - just fact.

In any case, apologies if you felt slighted.

Best,
    Derek.
    BTW, in looking at your pictures, your case appears to be defective. Mine is nowhere near that curled up at the top. I'll post some pics after Average Joe is over. (Yes, I'm a reality TV junkie)
    Last edited by derek985; 12/09/2003 at 12:49 AM.
    Derek,
    That's comforting to know. I'll be looking forward to your pictures. Meanwhile I'll send Ruben an email and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to send me a replacement.
    SJ
    My case fit is slightly off because of the bulge but nothing like those pics. I bent the leather just a bit and now the gap is only slightly noticeable.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    Wow! What a difference

Thanks Derek.
    treosome, I think the answer is obvious. Tan is bad. Black is good. <grin>

Seriously though, i wonder if a different grade/type of leather is used for the tan cases than for the black ones...a leather that is perhaps less plyable? And perhaps the tan shows marks inherent to the leather more easily than the black or darker colours.

Mine is on my way from styluscentral, btw.

Stephen
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast