1. JBR
    Is it possible to IR Sync the whole Calendar between a 180 Treo , and a new 600 Treo ;

I know you can IR sync event by event but thats a pain .....

Thanks for your help .
    JBR
    Originally posted by JBR
    Is it possible to IR Sync the whole Calendar between a 180 Treo , and a new 600 Treo ;

I know you can IR sync event by event but thats a pain .....

Thanks for your help .

I don't know if this works with PalmOS 5, but it's a great app.

http://www.palmobil.de/recox/
    I'm not sure if the 180 and 600 Calendar DB's are exactly the same...

You could copy your DateBookDB file for your 600 (just so you have something to restore if needbe) - this is only necessary if you have defined some entries in your 600 Calendar.

Then beam the DateBookDB and Datebk3HDB files from your 180 to your 600 and see if that works.

You may need something like TomCatalog to beam the PDB file (TomCatalog is free).

I would be interested to know how you get on

Regards
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure synching two devices to the same desktop machine for the same user is a no-no in palm world. The RecoX app looks like it might work if you plan to only sync one of the devices with the desktop. I have never used recoX so I'm not sure. Sounds like it may work out for a handheld to handeld sync.

I tried having 2 identical devices and contact/address data for me and my wife using the same desktop user and it was a problem. I ended up using wesync which will allow users to see each others schedule on each handheld and shares contacts and is updated accordingly.

I recently enabled IR synching (awesome) and plan to incorporate the 600 in the mix as soon as it arrives. Multiple handhelds, synching to a desktop with 3 different cradles is a bit busy for the desk of a minimalist. The IR sync allows the desktop to be cradle free and solves the problem of not having enough ports to accommodate.

Let us know how recox works out if you decide to go that route.
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    I'm not sure if the 180 and 600 Calendar DB's are exactly the same...

You could copy your DateBookDB file for your 600 (just so you have something to restore if needbe) - this is only necessary if you have defined some entries in your 600 Calendar.

Then beam the DateBookDB and Datebk3HDB files from your 180 to your 600 and see if that works.

You may need something like TomCatalog to beam the PDB file (TomCatalog is free).

I would be interested to know how you get on

Regards

If you just transfer the DateBookDB file it will COMPLETELY ERASE the native DateBookDB file. This person is trying to get a mix of the two, not switch one for the other. RecoX is what they need - if it works for PalmOS 5.
    Originally posted by The Zen of Palm

If you just transfer the DateBookDB file it will COMPLETELY ERASE the native DateBookDB file. This person is trying to get a mix of the two, not switch one for the other. RecoX is what they need - if it works for PalmOS 5.

Can someone please try out RecoX on a Treo 600 and report back if it works? Thanks.
    Another options you guys should consider is SyncUS:

This Windows program lets you share/sync information between 2 or more Palm handhelds. It shows you the calendar/address/todo/memo items that are different on 2 handhelds, and lets you transfer any of these items to the other at the click of a button. It is ideal for partners to share dates and addresses when they both sync to the same PC. It saves a lot of "have you got this date in yours?" and "I've got their new number, haven't you?" SyncUs runs entirely on the PC. The program alters the PC versions of the files - a hotsync is then needed to update the handhelds. Palm Desktop must be used for synchronisation (not Outlook)

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Another options you guys should consider is SyncUS:

I've tried it, but still feel RecoX is a much better choice. With RecoX you can synchronize most databases (not just the four core Palm DBs), you're not stuck using the Palm Desktop and you don't have to use a common computer to transfer the info. Just line up the two Palms, press a button, walk away for a couple minutes and when you come back all the DBs you chose are synced.

Software like this is why the Palm platform is so amazing.

I've tried it, but still feel RecoX is a much better choice. With RecoX you can synchronize most databases (not just the four core Palm DBs), you're not stuck using the Palm Desktop and you don't have to use a common computer to transfer the info. Just line up the two Palms, press a button, walk away for a couple minutes and when you come back all the DBs you chose are synced.

Software like this is why the Palm platform is so amazing.
    Thanks fo the explanation! Seems like a cool app...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. JBR
    Many thanks to all .
    Will try with RecoX as this seems the best option for me !!
    Will tell you when done as I can only do this at home and am now traveling .
    JBR

I don't know if this works with PalmOS 5, but it's a great app.

http://www.palmobil.de/recox/

If you're a power user with two or more PDAs, RecoX belongs on your Palms. I've used it since it was first released and the app saves a lot of headaches.

RecoX: Certified by The Chupacabra™
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

RecoX: Certified by The Chupacabra™
    Yup, those Puerto Rican goat suckers know what they're talking about!

I found this in the FAQ at their site...just something you might want to be aware of...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Q: I'm out of memory! But thats impossible! Isn't it?

A: Not at all. Since Palm failed to store 4 measly bytes with each record to indicate when it was last changed, I have to use a hash to find out if a record has been changed. This of course has to be stored somewhere, so for each record to be synchronized RecoX stores around 48 Bytes in it's database. Optimizing this amount of data is on my ToDo-List.
    Mike
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Yup, those Puerto Rican goat suckers know what they're talking about!

Actually, The Chupacabra now lives in Hollywood and just flies in to Mexico, Chile, Puerto Rico etc. to dine.

The Chupacabra's biography

Coming soon: a list of apps that are Certified by The Chupacabra™