Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HiLauncher 1.0.

Developer just sent me the T600 version prior to release. Incredibly fast reponse from them. Love this launcher. Configurable "Start" menu approach to launching.

The Beta (v.1.1) is fully functional with the T600 5-way, public release 1st week of December. Developer now adding 1st letter launchable shortcuts (as in MS Start menu) and debugging a few minor issues. You can demo it (but no 5-way). I'm amazed at how deeply configurable this is. I'm using it in conjunction with colauncher (for the time being) and they are compatible. I've tossed out all my other launchers. Somehow, hilauncher seems extremely intuitive on the T600, almost as if it could be a native launcher. I've got the hotkey set for the screen HW button (press and hold) and the launcher “start” menu animates up, as in XP, way cool, and does not interfere with short presses of the HW button. In my left hand that is a very intuitive move. Totally one-handed launcher. In the right hand I would hotkey the phone HW button, press and hold

http://www.hilauncher.com
    Thanks, this software looks really great. Can't wait to try out the new release of it when I finally get my Treo 600!
    This is the BEST written software I've seen for Palm OS. The authors have done agreat job making this fool proof and their response time to questions is almost immediate!!!

If you haven't tried this Launcher, do yourself a favor and download it today.

Everything else as a Launcher is yesterdays newspaper and the newest version ( Treo 600 5 way Nav ready) isn't out until early Dec. Once that is done there will be only ONE launch program for the T600
  4.    #4  
    I'm now working with their 2nd Beta for 1.1, which includes letter shortcuts in addition to 5-way support. Awesome.

There is a bug with HL menu when activated within Camera app. Menu comes up behind the camera window, and so you cannot see the menu. Developer is aware and will fix.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    1. So with the new version you can bring up the menu move between and select an application (or other item) with the 5-way?

2. I assume that if I purchase version 1.0 that I can upgrade for no charge to version 1.1 when it comes out?

Thanks,
    Keith
    HI SOUNDS KEWL, ANY IDEA WHEN WE CAN GET IT???
  7.    #7  
    Yes to both.
    Originally posted by elysian9

The Beta (v.1.1) is fully functional with the T600 5-way, public release 1st week of December.

Sorry, but that will be the second week, not the first (Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday).

BTW let me thank you all for the good words on my program! Thanks! I am considering all your opinions, wishes and advice, and I'm trying to implement as many of them as I can.

--
    Radoslaw Nowak, RNS::
    Last edited by RaNo; 11/27/2003 at 10:59 AM.
    Yes! This is a great program. DL'ed the demo last night and customized it easily. I agree that the app feels like native part of the OS. Very easy to use and makes the T600 even more one-handed. Can't wait for the 1.1 release. I'll be purchasing it for sure. It's a must have, IMO
    I just downloaded the trial version from the website, and really love it! There is a major problem I'm having, however.

The 5-way only works for up/down, but not for entering into a submenu. (Treo 600) Is this because I am running an old demo? Are others of you having this same problem?
    Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
    Originally posted by 2ndWife
    The 5-way only works for up/down, but not for entering into a submenu. (Treo 600) Is this because I am running an old demo? Are others of you having this same problem?
    Exactly - it's because you're running the old demo.
    The new one will be released officially on days!
    Being that the Find feature on the Treo 600 1) doesn't really work that great 2) crashes my phone way too much. Is there another Find app that will work with "HiLaunch?"

I love HiLaunch, but just want to incorporate a better Finder for it.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by treosixoo
    Being that the Find feature on the Treo 600 1) doesn't really work that great 2) crashes my phone way too much. Is there another Find app that will work with "HiLaunch?"

I love HiLaunch, but just want to incorporate a better Finder for it.

Thanks for any feedback.
    I've found the find/search crashes are more related to an app that is getting searched rather than the search engine itself. I had a corrupt file of WordSmith, for example, that crashed my 600 everytime the search engine touched it. Easy enough to fix.

I prefer FindHack (not a hack for OS5) over IntelligentFind. Both will work with HL. Search them on PalmGear.
  14.    #14  
    January.

Got an email from RNS:

"Hi-Launcher 2.0 will support expansion cards. Currently you may run those applications using Hi-Launcher together with programs like TealAlias or PowerRun."
    One thing I like about Silver Screen III is the ability to specify apps as "hidden". Is there a similar option in LauncherX?

David
  16.    #16  
    Apples and oranges, but I think the short answer is yes, you can hide anything.

User specifies the apps you want to see. If you don't want an app listed, then you don't configure it to be listed. Think of it as a completely customizable Windows start menu. You can put whatever you want on it and make it look however you want. It's very different from other launchers, like SS and LX, etc. You have to build the launcher menu(s) yourself.
    does it work with flyzipXR or/and zlauncher...

...at least until v2.0 comes out for card support, these are my options...

18.    #18  
    Originally posted by koros
    does it work with flyzipXR or/and zlauncher...

...at least until v2.0 comes out for card support, these are my options...

I do not use either one, but they will work, I'm sure. As I indicated, it is totally different from other standard launchers and does not interfere with other apps or launchers. I've got HL, LX and CoLauncher going. Another way of asking the question might be: does the Windows Start Menu work with Outlook or with WinZip? HL is the same as having a Windows Start Menu to launch apps. Totally different concept from zL, LX, ML, etc.
    GREAT !!!

thanks for the info; ...also, i don't know if this is already an option but since the creator seems to follow this thread closely, i would love to have ALL of them FIELDS and sub-FIELDS in the menus configurable INDIVIDUALLY for:

ENCRYPTION - to secure running sensible programs )

and

HIDING - to make a whole FIELD including sub-FIELDS disappear on preference/option tab at a click ( without having to remove/join all of the apps each time i want them to "vanish" )

...is it there already or just a thought for future reference ?

THX

20.    #20  
    Thought these might be appreciated:

1. Main menu over Phone app

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4/fa551870.jpg

2. Main menu with 1 sub-menu over Phone app

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...0/fa55186e.jpg

3. Main menu with 2 sub-menus over Phone app

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...a/fa55186d.jpg

4. Main menu with 1 sub-menu over Launcher X

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3/fa55186c.jpg
    Last edited by elysian9; 12/10/2003 at 06:43 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast