Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by koros
    ENCRYPTION - to secure running sensible programs )

and

HIDING - to make a whole FIELD including sub-FIELDS disappear on preference/option tab at a click ( without having to remove/join all of the apps each time i want them to "vanish" )

...is it there already or just a thought for future reference ?
    These are great ideas no-one mentioned before. They are not implemented in Hi-Launcher yet, but they are really worth considering. Maybe not in 2.0, but most probably in the 2.1 version (or whatever number I will call it)...

Thanks for the idea!
    when Hi Launcher is active. The menu button on treo600 just dismissess the menu and raises the Background application menu. From what I read the menu button sho8uld bring up the HiLaucher Configuration screen.

What happens if you associate HiLauncher to the Home button on TREO600.
    (which seems the most obvious choise)
    - unless you have included HiLaucher or some other application launcher in the menu (such the native application launcher) then there is no way to get back into hiLauncher Menu editor.
    .no sig.
    Would be nice if

Battery % charge.

Siganl Strength.

Time/Date

could be created as displayed special options

Like Autooff status tick is displayeed in the menu.
    .no sig.
    Originally posted by treosixoo
    Being that the Find feature on the Treo 600 1) doesn't really work that great 2) crashes my phone way too much. Is there another Find app that will work with "HiLaunch?"

I love HiLaunch, but just want to incorporate a better Finder for it.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Let me put a vote in for FindHack by Florent Pillet. (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fpillet)
    It's $15, but I've had it since my first Palm Pilot days and it just keeps getting better. The latest version works with the 5-way.
    Cheers,
    John
    Originally posted by wasinaus
    when Hi Launcher is active. The menu button on treo600 just dismissess the menu and raises the Background application menu. From what I read the menu button sho8uld bring up the HiLaucher Configuration screen.

What happens if you associate HiLauncher to the Home button on TREO600.
    (which seems the most obvious choise)
    - unless you have included HiLaucher or some other application launcher in the menu (such the native application launcher) then there is no way to get back into hiLauncher Menu editor.
    Heh, the former issue should be the solution for the latter. Can you please help me diagnose it? What code (or description) does the menu button generate if you tried to set it as a trigger? Knowing the code will let me make it respond when the menu is visible.
    Would be nice if

Battery % charge.

Siganl Strength.

Time/Date

could be created as displayed special options

Like Autooff status tick is displayeed in the menu.
    Good ideas.
    In fact the attery and date/time (and other similar) indicators are already on my "ToDo" list and planned for a version after 2.0. The signal strength indicators - really worth consideration, too - however probably not that easy to implement as the other indicators... Will see what can be done
    Thanks.
    Heh, the former issue should be the solution for the latter. (Well no ...dismissing Hi Launcher does not get you into the default applications launcher - just back to the app you were in before)

In any case I have put HiLauncher and Application Launcher (builtin) into my menu structure as a safty before mapping Hi-Luncher to the HOME button.

Temporarility mapped it to the Menu button and found that the Menu button on the Treo is keycode 5645 (according to HiLaucher)

The battery and date time are more nessesary than signal strenth anyway.
    .no sig.
    Temporarility mapped it to the Menu button and found that the Menu button on the Treo is keycode 5645 (according to HiLaucher)
    That will do. Thanks!
    .no sig.
    Patiently waiting for Hilauncher 2.0. Need the SD Card update badly! Release date?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Treosixoo, Hi-Launcher 2.0 will be released on February 1st or even sooner.

Wasinaus, Hi-Launcher 2.0 will support the Treo 600's Menu button.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    is there a beta? what else will 2.0 add besides card support?
  13.    #33  
    I have encountered a major bug in HL 1.1 on my Treo 600.

During an active phone call (and prior to the call being connected), it is not possible at all to launch the HL main menu (not a big deal), but once the call is connected, though it is possible to launch the menu (it doesn't want to, you must "push" it), it is NOT possible to scroll down or up through the main menu. The menu just closes (with a system error sound). This is very unfortunate because one cannot use HL to change apps during the call.

Anyone else getting this?

Also, not sure if this was posted before, but in the camera app the menu comes up "behind" the screen, so it cannot be seen.

Camera app bug was reported to ranosoft back in November
    Phone app bug was reported today.
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    is there a beta? what else will 2.0 add besides card support?
    No beta at the moment.
    There will be two main features version 2.0 will add:
    • Card support
    • DAs support

As a side note:
    Today we have definitely planned the release date of Hi-Launcher 2.0 for February 1, 2004. Stay tuned!
    Originally posted by elysian9
    I have encountered a major bug in HL 1.1 on my Treo 600.

During an active phone call (and prior to the call being connected), it is not possible at all to launch the HL main menu (not a big deal), but once the call is connected, though it is possible to launch the menu (it doesn't want to, you must "push" it), it is NOT possible to scroll down or up through the main menu. The menu just closes (with a system error sound). This is very unfortunate because one cannot use HL to change apps during the call.

Anyone else getting this?

Also, not sure if this was posted before, but in the camera app the menu comes up "behind" the screen, so it cannot be seen.

Camera app bug was reported to ranosoft back in November
    Phone app bug was reported today.
    The major bug - the phone app bug - fixed. Will be available with Hi-Launcher 2.0 release.

The minor bug - the camera app bug - unluckily, Handspring (palmOne) provides no simple methods to detect camera running. We're still trying to find a simple way to fix it...
    Just updated my Firmware which involved a hard reset and reaload of all apps including HiLauncher
    (Not sure if it is the reset or the upgrade that caused this)

After reloading hi launcher my menu structure is preserved (Yeah!) but I kept getting this error when the menu or any sub menus were opened ("HiLauncher: Icons not attached") or something like that ( I dont want to do a reset to regenerate the error!)

In any case, editing any menu item and saving seemed to pick up all the icons in all menus and all is good with the world....

Probably wont affect many people but I thought Id document for your intrest
    .no sig.
    Just updated my Firmware which involved a hard reset and reaload of all apps including HiLauncher
    (Not sure if it is the reset or the upgrade that caused this)

After reloading hi launcher my menu structure is preserved (Yeah!) but I kept getting this error when the menu or any sub menus were opened ("HiLauncher: Icons not attached") or something like that ( I dont want to do a reset to regenerate the error!)

In any case, editing any menu item and saving seemed to pick up all the icons in all menus and all is good with the world....

Probably wont affect many people but I thought Id document for your intrest
    I know this happens. It's because the cached icons' database is not restored after a hard resed (because it is never backed up for HotSync to perform faster).

The message says "Icons not cached". When you tap the "i" icon in this message window, you'll learn 3 simple steps to re-cache the icons.
    Perhaps changing your message to "Icons not cached - press 'i' for instructions"

or something like that.

Better to make a small change to your program than have to answer the same question 10 times in various support forums!

Anyway.....only a small thing....looking forward to 2.0
    .no sig.
    Perhaps changing your message to "Icons not cached - press 'i' for instructions"

or something like that.

Better to make a small change to your program than have to answer the same question 10 times in various support forums!

Anyway.....only a small thing....looking forward to 2.0
    In fact this part of code will be completely modified in the 2.0 version, and Hi-Launcher will ask the user if he/she wants to run Hi-Launcher to automatically rebuild all its missing structures. So it will be clear and automatic now.
    Update
    Hi-Launcher 2.0 is now available! Introduces the two highly demanded and long awaited features:
    • Card Applications launching (VFS support)
    • Desk Accessories launching (DA support)
    Visit www.hilauncher.com for details, screenshots, trial downloads, free updates, etc.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast