1.    #1  
    There are many threads on the various Treo 600 cases, but I want to ask SPECIFICALLY about how well the Treo 600 works with a clear plastic cover over the face... from those of you who actually have such cases. It appears I need to order a case blind, but I can't decide between the plastic-free Bellagio case or the plastic-covered Handspring case.)

I had clear plastic over my prior cellphone... never impeded any thing... and OFTEN saved the phone from being saturated with water. Splashes here and there... rainy days... falling or being set on something wet (little invisible puddles).

The tall and pointy buttons on the Treo 600 seem like they would be particularly easy to use through plastic. I experimented with a oversized case and the screen seemed to respond fine to finger presses.

Opinions? Those of you who have plastic over your Treo 600, does it work fine?

Also, for those who have the Handspring case, could you reasonably cut away the plastic over the screen but leave the plastic over the keys (for the added protection)??
    Originally posted by Brian Stradale
    I want to ask SPECIFICALLY about how well the Treo 600 works with a clear plastic cover over the face... from those of you who actually have such cases.
    I have the Handspring "form fitting" case. I found that when using the T600 as a phone the cover over the screen was fine. But when using it as a PDA, I found I myself use the stylus a fair amount (mostly by choice), and the cover sucked. So I simply cut it out, leaving the keys & buttons covered, and put a vinyl screen protector-anti-glare-thingee on the screen. Works fine.

The tall and pointy buttons on the Treo 600 seem like they would be particularly easy to use through plastic.
    Indeed, they do (for me).

I experimented with a oversized case and the screen seemed to respond fine to finger presses.
    yeah, it seems to for finger presses, but it was the stylus thing that cinched it for me.

Also, for those who have the Handspring case, could you reasonably cut away the plastic over the screen but leave the plastic over the keys (for the added protection)??
    Heh, answered above 8^)

mobileuser