1. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i can't tell if the delorme "universal palm cable" and their handheld version of
    "street atlas" will work on my treo600
    with my new, postage-stamp sized
    earthmate. for the hardware, there seems to be a question about the serial line interface. and for the software, it isn't clear if the 5-way navigation rocker or the low-res display are properly supported. delorme themselves seem to have no clue. does anyone have the inside scoop? i'd love to remove the laptop from my back-pack and use my treo as the display for my earthmate.
    The Universal Palm Cable only fits the newer Palm-branded units and will not fit the Treo.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Just found this:

http://www.thesupplynet.com/searchre...prodMadeBy=275

Says it's compatible with the Treo, YMMV.. I haven't called them and the site is rather anemic when it comes to details.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  4. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    i just called delorme and they referred me to the same site. the cable listed doesn't mention the 600 explicitly, only the older treo models. based on what i understand about the earthmate and the delorme software, if the cable worked, the entire combo would work (earthmate, software, cable). has anyone actually tried this? the only surprise from supplynet is that their cable also supplies power to the earthmate, so you don't need the power cradle that delorme sells, just the PDA software. i wish they had a picture so i could see what it looked like. anyone's experiences with this, even for older treo models, would be appreciated.