1.    #1  
    I took the trouble (for all of you) to call every Cingular store in LA this morning.

Only one store in all of LA (Westwood store) got T600s in stock, but they sold in 10 minutes. There are several people on the list awaiting the next shipment, which could arrive today or tomorrow (I am apparently now #3 on that list). The person I spoke to said that they didnt expect to get enough to fullfill the list in this order.

I asked him if he would hold one for me, and he said he would try and took my number and name. No other store expected them to arrive until next week.

Alternately, you can now order from Cingular directly. They offer what they call "Priority Shipping" which takes 2-3 days. They did offer me Saturday Delivery, so I went ahead and ordered one. SO now I have a total of 3 or maybe even 4 treos on the way (2 from handspring direct for the 17th expected ship), 1 from Cingular direct and possibly one from the Cingular store in westwood.

I promised myself I wouldnt get all excited again, but now I am..oh well, I hope I can work one out for this weekend, that would make my year.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I was lucky enough to call the Beverly Blvd. store yesterday morning. They had one in stock. I asked them to hold it. Went in, bought it, stuck in my ATT sim card, and now I am a happy user!
    SO now I have a total of 3 or maybe even 4 treos on the way (2 from handspring direct for the 17th expected ship), 1 from Cingular direct and possibly one from the Cingular store in westwood.
    So you need 3 or 4 treo 600's? Seems like 1 would be enough.
    Out of stock in all four Santa Barbara area stores.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by kryichek

So you need 3 or 4 treo 600's? Seems like 1 would be enough.
    No, I need 2, but I'll take the first 2 of the 4 that arrive.
    No, I need 2, but I'll take the first 2 of the 4 that arrive.
    So why order 4? Seems a bit selfish. 2 extra treo's sent your way while the rest of us wait for the 1 we need. Jerk!
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by kryichek

So why order 4? Seems a bit selfish. 2 extra treo's sent your way while the rest of us wait for the 1 we need. Jerk!
    1st off, dont make things personal. I'm sure you can be an adult and participate here without calling me names, as mild as "jerk" may be.

2nd, lets deal with facts here: I ordered 3 (2 from HS to upgrade my 2 [TWO] active Treos and another from Cingular), and put my name on a list for the 4th.

I'm not selfish. As a matter of fact, I would cancel my orders from HS of my phone from Cingular arrives 1st which would make them available to someone else. Hell, I'll even offer to keep the purchase and fedex the phone to someone else if they pay the cost from HS shipped (i.e. I would pay for the fedex).

Then again, this is a message board, where we share information about a product we love, I shoudn't need to defend myself
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I dont think anyones in the wrong here. Chances are they will sell the unit if you didnt pick it up in a day or so anyway, no ones really losing.

I can imagine that the LA area is hard to get anything in high demand with little supply. WIth one out of 17 people in the US living in the LA area, its a real crunch to get the most desired items (and go out to eat at the better resturants on weekends).

I have spent alot of time there on work and what not. Nice place but there sure is alot of people per mile, for many miles.