1.    #1  
    Okay, can someone help straighten this out here? Given what I've been reading about versions A, B and C on the Sprint Treo 600, I just called Handspring to ask if there was a patch to "upgrade" to version C (which, for example, apparently allows for the "sound" preference to be modified under "Preferences" for mail -- my version, an "A", I think, doesn't do that).

Anyway, Handspring initially had no idea what I was talking about. Finally, the guy came back to the phone and said "There is only version A and B for Sprint Treo 600, they are virtually identical, no way to upgrade." He denied that there is a version "C."

What's going on here -- anybody know? First, there are some of you Sprint Treo 600 users out there with version "C", right? And what exactly are the differences? Would be great if we could first educate Handspring/Palm One staff about the existence of these differences...and as long as it isn't purely hardware related, get them to release an upgrade patch.
    Do you have either Snappermail or the Handspring e-mail clients? The option to modify the sounds for "Mail" won't show up until you have a mail client installed. I think for SnapperMail it said "SnapperMail" and I know for the HS client is just says "Mail" since that is the name of their application. I think the Treo has to recognize that their is a mail client before it allows you to use this. I could be wrong though.

Also I believe the A, B, and C are the hardware revisions so the only way to upgrade is to get a new phone. The software is probably the same on all three hardware revs though.
    I have both a version A and a version C right now.

The sound preferences are the same.
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    I have version C, same as the version B I use to have. haven't found any differences cept for my camera on the ver. C.
    Where, on the Sprint Treo 600, can the "Version" A, B, or C be identified? And, what does it refer to: hardware or software?
  6. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by delltreo
    Where, on the Sprint Treo 600, can the "Version" A, B, or C be identified? And, what does it refer to: hardware or software?
    Phone app -> menu -> Options -> Phone Info.

I have Rev C, and Vision doesn't work. It's going back tomorrow, after one month of support hell with Sprint and Handspring.

Oliver
    I have a version C Sprint PCS version. Have had no problems for the 3 weeks I've had it.

I'm 99% sure that the mail option in the Sound Prefs drop down gets put there when you install the Handspring EMail application. I didn't have it before I installed that.

I don't have Snappermail installed -- not sure if it changes anything for Snappermail or if it's just for the HS Mail app.
    Originally posted by Movemint
    I have version C, same as the version B I use to have. haven't found any differences cept for my camera on the ver. C.
    What differences? Can you elaborate please.
    Originally posted by beergeek
    I have a version C Sprint PCS version. Have had no problems for the 3 weeks I've had it.

I'm 99% sure that the mail option in the Sound Prefs drop down gets put there when you install the Handspring EMail application. I didn't have it before I installed that.

I don't have Snappermail installed -- not sure if it changes anything for Snappermail or if it's just for the HS Mail app.
    Mail is there.....SnapperMail isn't. I have both installed. Even when I only had SnapperMail installed, it wasn't there.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I have version C..on the sprintpcs network.... works fine...

how do u get ure hands on a copy of mail as a sprint user?

d.r.g.
    Originally posted by Lon Nol
    I have version C..on the sprintpcs network.... works fine...

how do u get ure hands on a copy of mail as a sprint user?

d.r.g.
    It's out there....... Actually there was a huge controversy about it here a couple weeks ago.

BTW I have version B.
    *sigh* this is what happens when users know things they are not supposed to...

Version A/B/C refers to HARDWARE revisions.

No, you can NOT upgrade from A to B to C by loading a software. No matter what program/OS or anything you load into your Treo, you can NOT change the color of the buttons on your Treo!

Another thread has the differences between A and B very thoroughly compared. Some of these include a slightly different tint on the volume buttons, tighter keys, etc. Differences between the revision are very minor. There IS however, a rumor of an employee working on the camera of the Treo, who says there will be an update to the camera which would take better pictures at night by tweaking the hardware, and using a compensation algorithm. That might come out on Revision D or E or whatever, and it will probably not be announced by anyone...

Somebody please do a search for the comparison thread and link it here please... Thanks.

By the way, there IS a revision C. That handspring CS is just a big fat liar. We've seen revision C's floating around 2-3 weeks ago.
    My 1st Treo was a Rev. C. The one I have now is a Rev. B.