1.    #1  
    Hi guys-

I used to own the Treo 180, but I eventually had to return the unit due to poor voice quality. People I was talking too would complain of low volume, stray noises, and static; judging from other posts I saw on treomb.com, I was not alone.

Now I am very excited about getting the Treo 600 on T-Mobile, but I am worried that I will experience the same voice problems. I really like the data convergence of this device, but if it doesn't satisfy my basic needs for a phone, I'm going to have to pass. Can an existing user for this product let me know if the voice quality has improved from the Treo's past incarnations?
  2.    #2  
    bump
    i just posted this at another forum:

lately i've been noticing that my friends have been complaining about not being able to hear me very well and that i sound very muffled. i was like, oh heccck no man, it's YOUR phone! so i tried leaving myself a voicemail, talking through the regular mic and then plugging in my plantronics handsfree and talking through that. turns out they're right. ugh! i do sound like crap w/the regular mic. but when i switched to the handsfree, it got significantly clearer and much less muddy. oh no...have i found a problem with this phone?! =-0 noooooooooo! for what it's worth, i've been reading other people's complaints at the other forums about the lackluster call quality as well. *thumbs down* guess i'm just going to use the headset now...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I dont know. I have listened to a voice recording of myself and I sound fine.

I guess I got lucky but my phone is rock solid. Most fun phone I have ever owned.

I just stumbled across the treo 600 at the sprint store a few days ago and got one so I have no previous treo experience.

Force
    I owned 15-20 phones and I can honestly say the T600 is the worst sounding phone I've ever owned. Period. The headset suffers the most (ANY headset). The disgust runs rampant... http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...0&pagenumber=1