Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I'm using QuickOffice Premier and have had problems with it. The biggest problem is that it causes my Treo 300 to do a soft reset every time I use the Palm OS search function. I've reinstalled the suite a few times, including downloading the latest version (7.1). It will then work for a while, then go back to the same problem. I don't have a lot of other programs on it (Snappermail, Eudora browser, Verichat, MathU Pro, HandyShopper). I submitted an email request to them a couple of days ago, but only received an automated message saying they received my message. Anyone else had this problem?
    Regarding QuickOffice

Yes I too have it on my Treo 600 and it causes a soft reset everytime I go and type the ( O/Alt) button. I love the features but it's very buggy. Im probably going back to Docs to Go.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the trial version of docs to go. I sure hope this works better. I'm not very happy about spending $50 on Quick Office. It's unuseable, and I can't get any response from their tech support.
    Unfortunately they both have their short comings:

With Quicksheet you cannot view the contents of a cell if it extends beyond a certain number of characters. In Docs to Go a window will popup so you can read the entire contents. QuickSheet also went balistic when it tried to resolve a formula where it went into this repetitive beeping state and wouldn't stop untiil I did a soft reset.

On the flip side Docs to Go causes a soft reset when you try to view a Word document with a format like:

5. There are two programs available
    5.1 Quick Office*
    5.2 Docs to Go*

It turns the 5.1 & 5.2 into garbage characters and does a soft reset if you try to scroll down with the NAV. Quickword displays the document fine and does not soft reset.

*Note: There should be a tab before 5.1 and 5.2. For some reason the forum will not allow me to insert white space before these lines.

I've got both programs for now. Ugh.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I don't think I'd mind it AS MUCH if the program just causes a reset when operating on certain docs. I can't have a program on my Treo (QuickOffice) causing my Palm OS search function to be inoperable.
    i had the soft reset problem and they told me to download the latest version 7.1.58 ( i think) i had just bought it a month ago and it was like 7.1.56 so u might want to check the version of 7.1. X you have
    You would think this was reqolved, but Quick word is now causing me soft resets on my T650...all other Quick products are OK.
    Charliec