Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Snappermail has a new beta version out that can be downloaded from your account.

The good news is that it no longer vibrates when it's not supposed to and 5 way nagivation has been improved.

The bad news is that there is an issue with the mail notification sound. Since the Sprint version of the 600 only has the following choices in PREFERENCES/SOUNDS: PHONE CALENDAR and SMS, they are going to have Snappermail default to the same sound as SMS. The other carrier TREO 600 versions have an additional option in PREFERENCES/SOUNDS for MAIL which Snappermail is now using.

Snappermail claims the workaround is difficult and more effort than its worth. They may offer a fix down the road, but it may be a while.

I'm sure this will be an issue for many of us, especially (as mentioned in the Yahoo / Snappermail Support Forum I read this in), for those who use Verichat. Now your incoming SMS I/M's will have the same sound preference as your e-mail notification from Snappermail. I was disappointed to read about this. I use buddy pounce with Verichat and will now not know if its an incoming e-mail or an SMS without looking.

Also, Snappermail says that because the MAIL alert sound option is not there due to Sprint, it's more or less Sprint's fault. Since Sprint represents a fairly large segment of Treo 600 owners though, I hope Snappermail will re-consider the fix.

For now, until they at a minimum fix the Beta to at least use the SMS sound, it is stuck on "SWOOSH" as its sound. This is because Snappermail was not aware of this problem with the Sprint Treo 600.

Anyway, I figured I'd post the info for those who don't look at the Snappermail support forum on Yahoo. Check it out for more additional information. Hopefully Snappermail will do the right thing in the end and make a proper fix in the end and not just a quick fix....regardless of whose "fault" it is. After all, I bought this program from them, not from Sprint or Handspring.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 11/13/2003 at 07:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    SprintTreoUser:

It must make a difference which Sprint, Treo 600 version you have. I have a version C and I definitely have four choices in sound: Phone, Mail, Calendar, and SMS. I have installed the beta version of Snappermail and everything works just fine. There is only one change that I noticed. Snappermail used to add an alarm of its own to the sound choices and that is no longer there. I went back to my backups to check this out and sure enough the last complete version of Snappermail did add one alarm to your sound choices that is not there with the beta version.

macfan
    I have version B and have only 3 options - Phone, Calendar, and SMS.

Any way for use to update our phone to version C?
    Originally posted by macfan
    SprintTreoUser:

It must make a difference which Sprint, Treo 600 version you have. I have a version C and I definitely have four choices in sound: Phone, Mail, Calendar, and SMS. I have installed the beta version of Snappermail and everything works just fine. There is only one change that I noticed. Snappermail used to add an alarm of its own to the sound choices and that is no longer there. I went back to my backups to check this out and sure enough the last complete version of Snappermail did add one alarm to your sound choices that is not there with the beta version.

macfan
    I have Version A and I have Phone, Calendar and SMS. How do I get the Mail added?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Use the HS client? I wish they (HS) had it for sale, so we could use it!! I bet, then you could even switch it to Snappermail as the default and be good to go?
  6.    #6  
    Interesting. I did not know there different Sprint versions.
    Quesion for Sanpper mail users, in the "pref" app, when you go to "Default Apps", does it have a chopice for Snapper mail? Or jsut SMS?
    Macfan, Was that extra alarm due to Snappermail, or TreoAlrtMgr? Are you running TreoAlrtMgr? I am, and I think I have two "Alarm" sounds to choose from.
    Version B has the following

Email - BizConn, SMS, Snapper
    Messaging - SMS
    Browser - Web
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I am not running alert manager. The extra alarm is from the last full version of Snapper mail. On the other hand I do have the HS mail program. COuld that be what adds the extra choice?

macfan
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by macfan
    I am not running alert manager. The extra alarm is from the last full version of Snapper mail. On the other hand I do have the HS mail program. COuld that be what adds the extra choice?

macfan
    Could be. The option to leave it out was a Sprint design decision, not Handspring.
    Macfan, I would guess, yes.
    Looks like BC does the same, ref to dsam?
  13.    #13  
    Are the HS or Sprint BC programs available for a trial download? I can install it and see if it adds the option for MAIL back in.
    I have a Rev. A phone and I have Snapper under my Prefs-Default Apps-Email drop down menu.

I'm not a Palm guru so I have no idea what changing it from SMS to Snappermail does for me?????? Guess i'll swap it over and see if I notice any differences..

BTW, I am not using Verichat or TreoAlertMgr or any other chat alert progy...
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Please contact me off list before we get one of the Purple Gang all excited. treo600XXXXX@realemail.net . And no I am not distributing the H.S. mail program. remove XXXXX before using address

macfan
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hmmm...before installing HS Mail...no email selection in prefs...after installing HS Mail there IS a selection for email in the prefs...and yes, SnapperMail can use it...Hmmmm.
    I really wish the HS client was for sale, so we could use it!
    Has anyone ever emailed HS and asked them if it's for sale?

From the bits and peices that I gather form this forum, the HS App, had two PRC to launch, Correct? Was one the engine and one a setup PRC? Perahps it's this setup PRC we are after?

Confusing?

Originally posted by dsam99
    I have version B and have only 3 options - Phone, Calendar, and SMS.

Any way for use to update our phone to version C?
    My GSM version B in Singapore
    -Phone
    -Mail
    -Calendar
    -MMS
    -SMS
    Last edited by vkchengm; 11/13/2003 at 11:06 AM.
    The GSM comes with the HS client, correct?
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    The GSM comes with the HS client, correct?
    pop client? yes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast