Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone try www.Mobitv.com on their Treo 600?
    Thanks for the infor and link.

Unfortunately, Mobitv is not available for the Treo yet, just Sanyo's and the Samsung A620.

They do have a section there you can fill out to be notified when it is available for your phone.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Where is that section on the mobitv website.. that will notify me if it becomes available for my t600???

I couldnt find it..

thanks....
    wow does this actually work? is the video choppy?
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    wow does this actually work? is the video choppy?
    Although it is not available yet for the Treo, here is what folks who can get it are saying:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...threadid=28663

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    any word on expected availability on the treo6? i'd love to get sportcenter on this thing!
    Even if u don't plan on getting the service to help us that want it to get it quicker. the more demand the quicker response.

I'd love ESPN, History Channel, FoxNews, cartoon network
    Yep, it would be awesome to have sports channels:

SPEED, ESPNs, FOX Sports

It would be easy to follow a game and all the excitement, even with 2fps coverage. Would almost never miss a thing anymore!

Everyone... register for Treo 600... and sports channels... esp. SPEED network (it'll need votes to get attention ).
    What do all of the phones listed on MobiTV's website have that the Treo 600 doesn't?

Java.

I saw this on their website:
    How does MobiTV work? The MobiTV service consists of a JavaŽ application that runs on your mobile phone and a network that broadcasts TV content. We work directly with TV stations and have a license to broadcast the content you see.
    So, looks like MobiTV will have to release an application especially for Palm users. I sent them an email asking this question, we'll see what they say. Sad, I wanted to see this working.
    if i'm not mistaken there is a JVM for palmOS devices...
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    if i'm not mistaken there is a JVM for palmOS devices...
    Yeah, IBM websphere J2ME should work on Treo600 if I'm not mistaken. In fact, I recall some threads on around here a while back...

Regarding MobiTV, sounds like a cool conceept and service, but I don't think its worth $10/month add on fee! That's a bit too pricey for my blood. The saddest part of all this, however, is that this is conceivably the only way in the short term to get streaming video on the Treo600! If only some one would come out with a true full fledged media player so we could stream video/audio ourselves from the web, then we wouldn't need any subscriber service like MobiTV! The only options we have right now to stream video on PalmOS is via proprietary Kinoma or Fireproducer format. Both of these are totally unacceptable. When will developers finally get the message and release an open streaming solution! *hint - MMPlayer - *hint* This is such a gaping hole in the functionality of PalmOS, it's simply unbelievable and I don't know how much longer I can wait personally....hopefully not too long.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    either way.. wether you think it's expensive or not.. please PLEASE!. anyone who reads this thread.. go to the sight and sign up and request service for the treo600.. so that those of us who are interested will have the option to pay if we like!!

also.. realize.. if u get the sprint visions multimedia pack (is that the name of it.. don't remember) it comes w/ that 10 dollar service credit... which can go to the mobiletv service if u don't d/l ringtones and games.. (and seeing as there are a million ways to get ringtones and games free... i know I wouldn't bother paying for those).... so essentially w/ that pack.. u can get mobiletv free

but again i restate for any of you who have read this thread.. sign up!. sign up! .. sign up!

d.r.g.

here's the link to sign up and request service for a specific phone..

http://www.mobitv.com/mobitv_alert.html

Support ure fellow treo users!!
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Yeah, IBM websphere J2ME should work on Treo600 if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I thought, based on one thread in particular. I bought it (5.99), and it does NOT work on the Treo 600!!!!
    MobiTV is Awesome! As soon as I saw this post, I grabbed my wifes Sanyo 8100 and signed up for the service. It works great! I have been watching Discovery channel for over an hour without a single interuption. The sound quality is perfectly clear and the video is choppy but I don't mind! With my $5 a month discount combined with my corporate discount I think I will keep the service associated with her phone. I'm excited! This is a big step forward for video\audio streaming over sprint pcs phones. The only problem I have with this service is that it does not support the treo 600. I think these guys need to get their act together and start supporting the best phone on the market! Everyone needs to go to this link http://www.mobitv.com/mobitv_alert.html and request Treo 600 support!
    i think the bigger issue is getting J2ME to work on the Treo 600. If it works on other phones... the treo 600 should be able to run java also...

that would make MobiTV possible.. as well as a whole bunch of other software and games.

-n
    i was under the impression that the new version of blazer on the 600's supported java in sites?? so wouldn't that mean there is already an implementation of java on the treo?

yes/no?

d.r.g.
    Originally posted by Lon Nol
    i was under the impression that the new version of blazer on the 600's supported java in sites?? so wouldn't that mean there is already an implementation of java on the treo?

yes/no?

d.r.g.
    It supports javascript, not java.
    so techies who do we need to bombard with emails to get this feature on the treo 600? mobitv, palmone or IBM J2ME?
    Signing up to be notified also lets the developer know there is a need and demand and in that business for that product which translates into *bling bling* for Mobitv!

Treo owners should definately be included and enabled to utilize the latest in telephone technology. Although the service is not perfect, hopefully at some point it will be improved to a more acceptable standard.

So I second that suggestion: SIGN UP and be counted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast